cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_kister

Preview of a generated document in a form

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have created with BPMN editor a process that generate a document. In a next task, i would like to display this document in a form to allow the task assignee to view it.

I would like to have the same functionnality as if the generated document was an uploaded document : in the form, a link is display and if the user click on it, a popup is displayed with a preview of the document.

Is it possible and how can i do ?

Raphael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Preview of a generated document in a form

Jump to solution

Hi Raphael,

This is possible if you use a display value (instead of display text). The generated document variable will be available for you to select in the DisplayValue->Variable->SelectVariable (dropdown).

Also, the generated document is automatically linked to the process and you can preview it from there as well by going into the process list. App->Processes->Select your running process instance.

Regards,

Ciju

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yogeshpj
Established Member

Jump to solution

Which forms you are using  ? Alfresco share or Activiti ?

r_kister

Jump to solution

Hello,

My forms are in Activiti Suite.

I would like to preview a generated document from an activiti form.

To preview an uploaded document from a form, i use the component "Display Text" and in the text to display, i just put this value : ${name_of_attachFile_field}.

With this method, i have a link in my displayed form and when click on it, it display a popup with a preview of the uploaded document.

But, it doesn't work with a generated document as we only get the ID of this content.

Is it possible to have the same link as an uploaded document and how can i do ?

Raphael

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Raphael,

This is possible if you use a display value (instead of display text). The generated document variable will be available for you to select in the DisplayValue->Variable->SelectVariable (dropdown).

Also, the generated document is automatically linked to the process and you can preview it from there as well by going into the process list. App->Processes->Select your running process instance.

Regards,

Ciju

View solution in original post

r_kister

Jump to solution

Thank you Ciju, it works fine when using Display Value.

Regards,

Raphael