Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenv449
Active Member II

Require 'processDefinitionId' for a Workflow inside Activiti App 1.5.0

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using Enterprise Activiti 1.5.0. I want to start the workflow from other Application (Spring Boot Web App). I found the below REST call to perform the same. 

POST api/enterprise/process-instances

param: processDefinitionId 

https://docs.alfresco.com/activiti/docs/dev-guide/1.5.0/#_start_process_instance

I could not find where to get the 'processDefinitionId' for my workflow from Activiti App?? 

I tried to debug it after i start the workflow from inside App using browser's Inspect Element option. I see processDefinitionId:"myNewProcess:34:222717". I see every time some number getting attached. Where can I get unique processDefinitionId to start the workflow from outside Application??

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Naveen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Require 'processDefinitionId' for a Workflow inside Activiti App 1.5.0

Jump to solution

processDefinitionId is an ID generated upon each deployment. You can get the processDefinitionId using process definition query.

Another option is to use "processDefinitionKey"  instead of processDefinitionId which will start a process instance on the latest deployed version. You can get the processDefinitionKey from your process model. However you will have to use version 1.5.3.2 or above as there was a bug fixed in this version to allow processDefinitionKey use. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

processDefinitionId is an ID generated upon each deployment. You can get the processDefinitionId using process definition query.

Another option is to use "processDefinitionKey"  instead of processDefinitionId which will start a process instance on the latest deployed version. You can get the processDefinitionKey from your process model. However you will have to use version 1.5.3.2 or above as there was a bug fixed in this version to allow processDefinitionKey use. Hope this helps

naveenv449
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Ciju Joseph for the response, i will try to use processDefinitionId from the suggested API call for now. Once I upgrade to 1.5.3.2, I will use processDefinitionKey.