cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jose_leon_coupa
Active Member II

Send a binary file in a Restful call

Hi all,

I need to make an API POST call from a workflow, and as part of the request I need to send a binary (zip) file. Is this possible in APS? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!.

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Send a binary file in a Restful call

Hi @jose_leon_coupa,

Does this help

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
jose_leon_coupa
Active Member II

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for your reply. What I'm trying to achieve is to use a "Rest call task" in APS to push some data to an external system (not to Alfresco Repository). As part of the Restful call i need to pass a zip file to that external system; so I'm trying to find out if is possible to handle binary data (the zip file) in the BPMN Editor. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @jose_leon_coupa,

Have you had a look at this API to integrate Alfresco Process Services with external applications?

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
jose_leon_coupa
Active Member II

Hi  @EddieMay 

Thanks again for your note. Yes, I looked at the APS API, but in my case I'm not trying to call APS API, but another API from an external system. I'm building a workflow in APS and in it I'm using a Rest ful activity to call the external system. My problem is that as part of the call I need to send a binary file, and I'm struggling to find out how to do this.

Best regards,

Jose