cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_altieri
Active Member II

Source code for process-services-1.8.1

Jump to solution

We are thinking to use the "Share Connector" to integrate Alfresco Share with an instance of APS 1.8.1.

The version of ACS is 5.2.2.

After installing and configuring the connector, I can see that Alfresco Share is showing a different page when I start a workflow. This page seems to come directly from the APS. It is a page that belongs to an angular application.

I need to customise the behaviour of this new page and so I tried to download the source code of APS, but I haven't been able to find the correct version.

I cloned the repository at https://github.com/Activiti/Activiti.git

The repository contains multiple versions and I could find the angular application on in the branch 6.x.

Is this the version that is used to build APS 1.8.1?

I tried to use version 6.x but I found an issue. When I start the script start.sh that is contained in the subfolder: modules/activiti-ui, maven starts to download many jars and then it fails because of the dependency cannot be opened as a jar:

.m2/repository/org/activiti/activiti-json-converter/6.0.1-SNAPSHOT/activiti-json-converter-6.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar; error in opening zip file

The file seems to be archived.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marco_altieri
Active Member II

Re: Source code for process-services-1.8.1

Jump to solution

The code is in the artifact com.exari:activiti-app:1.8.1, in the jar activiti-app-1.8.1-webapp.jar

Thanks

View solution in original post

13 Replies
paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Marco, you should not use the Share Connector going forward as it is being deprecated here in short order.  Please refer to the document entitled "Architecture changes for Alfresco Content Services version 6.0 and beyond" which can be found here - https://community.alfresco.com/community/ecm/blog/2018/01/03/architecture-changes-for-alfresco-conte....  In particular note the comment that says the following:

In addition, we plan to remove the following capabilities:

• Alfresco Process Services Share Connector: Advanced content and process applications can be built with superior user experiences using process and content components from the Application Development Framework.

You can find details on the Application Development Framework (ADF) here.

Additionally, you should not be using Activiti 6 with APS 1.8.1 which is based on Activiti 5.22.  If you want to get access to the APS 1.8.1 source, which includes a supported version of Activiti, please send a request into Customer Support, where as a commercial customer, they will give you access accordingly.

Thanks,

Paul

marco_altieri
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Paul Roth‌ Where can I find the source code of the angularjs application used in APS 1.8.1? 

paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Marco, all you need to do is submit a case into Customer Support making the request and they will get you access to all the source code.  

Thanks,

Paul

marco_altieri
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

thank you for your help.

I think that I already have access to the source code, but I do not know in which repository to look.

I cloned the community repository at:

GitHub - Activiti/Activiti: Activiti is a light-weight workflow and Business Process Management (BPM... 

but I do not see the code there (as you suggested I checked out version 5.x)

I have also access to the enterprise artifacts on Nexus, but I do not know what artifact contains the angularjs code.

Thanks

Marco

marco_altieri
Active Member II

Jump to solution

The code is in the artifact com.exari:activiti-app:1.8.1, in the jar activiti-app-1.8.1-webapp.jar

Thanks

paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Marco, what are you looking to do?  Are you looking to make changes to the design time interfaces or the run time end user interfaces?

marco_altieri
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

I only need to change the runtime end user interface.

Thanks

Marco

paul_roth
Established Member

Jump to solution

Ideally, customers should not be changing the Angular.js based end user interface (this is called the "Tasks" App) any longer and should be targeting the use of the Application Development Framework (ADF) and or the new ADF based Process Workspace to create custom user interfaces.  Please get in touch so we could discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

Paul

marco_altieri
Active Member II

Jump to solution

We are working to integrate ADF but the current version does not have all the functionality that we need.

For now, I needed only a small change in the UI and I think that I have been able to do it.