Spring boot activiti integration with and without activiti-app and activiti-rest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surendrb
Member II

Spring boot activiti integration with and without activiti-app and activiti-rest

Hi,

We are developing a new solution which will handle one of our workflow and we wanted to deploy that in cloud. After some research we wanted to go with Activiti and Spring boot.

I downloaded activiti war and tried creating and process and spent some time to understand it.

We also developed an application integrating Spring and activiti. 

My question is if we are using springboot and activiti why do we need the activiti wars and if we use our own UI.? Is there any benefit of doing that if so could you please point me to the right place for how we integrate springboot and the activiti wars.

My second question is that can I integrate this with the product that we need to sell to customers if I use the activiti wars.

Thank you,

Surender

1 Reply
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Spring boot activiti integration with and without activiti-app and activiti-rest

The license for the activiti spring boot starter and for the war is the same Activiti/LICENSE.txt at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub I can't give legal advice but I expect you'll be fine either way.

The spring boot starter and the wars are different options. The spring boot starter gives you way to embed workflow/bpm logic into your application. It is an 'embeddable bpm' option. The war gives an out of the box experience that includes a bpmn editing tool and a general-purpose UI for actioning tasks. I guess you know this already and are just trying to decide. One question you might want to answer is whether your users need to be able to see the process diagrams and if so what view you need to offer them. I'd suggest going through the screens that you get with the UI included in the war file and asking yourself whether you want to use those screens in what you're aiming to provide.