Spring boot application - Injecting HistoryService in a TaskListener returns Null

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papalanisamy

Spring boot application - Injecting HistoryService in a TaskListener returns Null

Jump to solution

I am working in a spring boot application. 
when i try to call tasklistener class, The autowired historyservice is returning null. 

process service‌ tasklistener 

Can anyone please help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
papalanisamy

Re: Spring boot application - Injecting HistoryService in a TaskListener returns Null

Jump to solution

Thanks both of you.. 

Finally the issue is solved by passing the listener in delegate expression instead of class .

<activiti:taskListener event="all" delegateExpression="${TestClass}"></activiti:taskListener>

View solution in original post

8 Replies
bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Re: Spring boot application - Injecting HistoryService in a TaskListener returns Null

Jump to solution

TaskListeners that are set in 'class' attribute are created/instantiated by the engine so Spring autowiring will not work. 

<activiti:taskListener event="complete" class="example.MyTaskListener">

rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi,

As Bassam Al-Sarori‌ mentioned task listeners are basically bind in context of task and workflow so it should be set in your workflow tasks, not separated wired as a spring bean .

Regards,

Rupesh

papalanisamy

Jump to solution

Hi Bassam,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Here is my code. any changes to be done for this. 

public class TestClass implements TaskListener {

@Autowired
  private HistoryService historyService;
  public void notify(DelegateTask delegateTask) {
    String currentEvent = delegateTask.getEventName();
    if("delete".equalsIgnoreCase(currentEvent))
      return;
    try {

System.out.println(historyService);// it returns null, please let us know the workaround

}
  }

XML File :

<activiti:taskListener event="all" class="com.callback.TestClass"></activiti:taskListener>

papalanisamy

Jump to solution

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for your prompt response.

We are using SPRING BOOT .

Here is my code. any changes to be done for this. 

public class TestClass implements TaskListener {

@Autowired
  private HistoryService historyService;
  public void notify(DelegateTask delegateTask) {
    String currentEvent = delegateTask.getEventName();
    if("delete".equalsIgnoreCase(currentEvent))
      return;
    try {

System.out.println(historyService);// it returns null, please let us know the workaround

}
  }

XML File :

<activiti:taskListener event="all" class="com.callback.TestClass"></activiti:taskListener>

papalanisamy

Jump to solution

this is spring boot application. anything specific for springboot ?? 

rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi,

Here i think you may have to depends-on attribute on task listener class the way it is added in following bean definition.

<bean id="abc" class="com.test.ABC" parent="baseJavaDelegate" depends-on="activitiBeanRegistry"
abstract="true"> 

I think this will help you. 

Regards,

Rupesh Sawaliya

EnProwess Technologies

bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

You can try registering your task listener as a spring bean (i.e. using @Component) and use an expression to call it. 

<activiti:taskListener event="all" expression="${myTaskListener.notify(execution)}" />

By the way, it could be any class (spring bean) doesn't have to implement TaskListener.

papalanisamy

Jump to solution

Thanks both of you.. 

Finally the issue is solved by passing the listener in delegate expression instead of class .

<activiti:taskListener event="all" delegateExpression="${TestClass}"></activiti:taskListener>