Spring Boot integrate "activiti-app" project

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angusyoung
Member II

Spring Boot integrate "activiti-app" project

Hello, I am learnning Activiti 6, and activiti-app(activiti-app.war) is a great project. 

I wan't integrate activiti-app into my Spring Boot project. I don't know how to integrate them? 

Is there any suggestions? 

Thank you ! 

3 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Spring Boot integrate "activiti-app" project

By activiti-app I guess you mean the kickstart app http://www.baeldung.com/activiti-kickstart-and-rest-apps . The normal approach with the kickstart app would be integrate your code into it rather than the other way around by defining your processes and supplying task logic. But the source code is available for you to use as you wish at  Activiti/modules/activiti-ui at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub 

If you want to embed Activiti into your spring boot app then you are best to use a spring boot starter (see for example Getting started with Activiti and Spring Boot ). You don't get the kickstart app's user interface like that but you do get the ability to run your processes and task logic.

angusyoung
Member II

Thank you for your answer, I try to integrate my code into kickstart app. 

via82
Member II

Regarding this topic..

What if I just want to use activiti-admin to see running processes, diagram for them and other useful functionality.

So, I have my application which uses activiti engine, now I started  activiti-admin on separate tomcat just to monitor activiti processes. Also I started activiti-app becouse of activiti-admin requires to set properties for activiti-app and cannot start without them. Now my app and activiti-app uses one database, activiti-admin uses activiti-app.

In general I can see processes throw activiti-admin but I also see that activiti-app picks up some of  the activities  from db and falls down with exceptions like "org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Error while evaluating expression: ${stateToUnconfirmedTask}" (activiti-app do not know anything about my tasks and types).

So processes in my app do not work correctly.

Is there any way to use  activiti-admin application without activiti-app? If not how to say activiti-app "do not try to process activities from DB" ?