cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenv449
Active Member II

Start Process Instance from REST Error Form

Hi All,

There is one urgent issue.. I am trying to hit the Activiti REST call to start the Process Instance. When I hit the Process Instance, it shows that the instance is created and task is assigned to next user. But No form is displayed and it shows error in the page as below.

Could someone help me on this?

My Input 

{
"processDefinitionId":"GBNewBusinessRenewals:1:17535",
"variables": [
{"name":"insuredname", "value":"lola"},
{"name":"underwritername", "value":"Mike"},
{"name":"foureyeapproval", "value":"true"},
{"name":"documentcomparison", "value":"true"},
{"name":"resreview", "value":"true"}
]
}

And my Output:

{
"id": "20019",
"url": "http://localhost:8080/activiti-rest/service/runtime/process-instances/20019",
"businessKey": null,
"suspended": false,
"ended": false,
"processDefinitionId": "GBNewBusinessRenewals:1:17535",
"processDefinitionUrl": "http://localhost:8080/activiti-rest/service/repository/process-definitions/GBNewBusinessRenewals:1:1...",
"processDefinitionKey": "GBNewBusinessRenewals",
"activityId": null,
"variables": [],
"tenantId": "",
"name": null,
"completed": false
}

Error Screen shots

And I took the URL from the console and tried to hit it.. It shows the below error:

HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is org.activiti.form.engine.ActivitiFormException: No submitted form could be found

Then I tried creating an app with one level approval with a simple form with 2 text fields and try to hit it with REST API. I get the same error. Smiley Sad

Any Help please.. Alfresco OfficialGreg HarleyBassam Al-Sarori

Thanks in Advance

Naveen

3 Replies
mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Re: Start Process Instance from REST Error Form

Hi,

There is a internal server error can you please attach the response of an api in the above image. That will be a server error logs..

naveenv449
Active Member II

Hi tabrez khan, 

tabrez khan

Please find the server logs for the same in the attachment. 

Thanks,

Naveen

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Hi Naveen,

I dont see any error in running test case in activiti 6 activiti-rest module for start process instance with variables.

Activiti/ProcessInstanceCollectionResourceTest.java at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub

As we are also using the same senario where i am starting a process with the help of API and i am not getting any error.