Sub process to main process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_w

Sub process to main process

Hello,

I have created two process as "Final Process" and "Call activity process". In "Final Process" i'm calling "Call activity process" using the collapsed sub process. In the "Call activity process" have three task, the first task is assigned to initiator and the next two task are assigned to different user. My case is User starts the "Final Process" first task(as user is the initiator) and the sub process first task then it should return to "Final Process" first task, and the remaining "Call activity process" task should perform without any interruption but it is not working like this it waits to complete the "Call activity process" then returns to "Final Process" first task.

How can i achieve this? kindly anyone help me.

Here I have attached the my process zip file.

Thanks & Regards

Amruta Wandakar

4 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Sub process to main process

I can't think of any way to run tasks from parent process and subprocess in parallel except putting a parallel gateway in before entering the subprocess. But it sounds like you'd want the fork of the parallel gateway after entering the subprocess. I don't think you can do that. The only options I can think of are to bring the subprocess elements into the main process so that it's just one process and then introduce the gateway. Or introduce the gateway in the main process and try to move elements from the subprocess and restructure so that the fork of the gateway is where you want it to be.

Or do you mean that the condition for the first exclusive gateway is not being satisified in the way you'd expect?

Do you mean that on first execution you might expect the path to go the lower route into the subprocess and then after going through the script and again through the first task the user does something which should allow the condition to be met to go through the top route? If so I'm not sure what condition it is you have in mind.

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by 'without any interruption'?

amruta_w

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the case is like the from "Final process" first task user(initiator) will start and the collapsed sub process task also assigned to initiator after filling data return to "final process" first task. and in collapsed sub process other two task are assigned to different users these things should run independently and end. And in the "Final process" other two task should run.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Still not sure I understand what you want from the process. Do you want Task One to run every time like maybe:

Or conditional like:

I'm also not sure if you want the collapsed process items to run after MainTaskOne as above or after Task One (in which case a parallel gateway should fork after Task One).

amruta_w

Ryan Dawson‌ thanks for your reply. 

My case looks like below

If i design this way it is really complex, so i can separate like "child process 1" and "child process 2" and even i can reuse the child process if required in future.