trial 1.7 with PostgreSQL SQL error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bora
Member II

trial 1.7 with PostgreSQL SQL error

Hi, sorry, a newbie here, but I cannot find an answer elsewhere. I am trying to play with the APS 1.7 and when trying to use the activiti-app with postgresql (9.6) i get an error when the engine tries to prepare the schema, saying "SQL error in statement update USER set account_type = 1" (typing from my head, so maybe not precise, but in this sense, definitely update USER). I tried to check several times for the correct hibernate dialect set to PostgreSQL. "update USER" is indeed not a valid postgresql statement. 

I switched the DB to mysql and there is works just fine, also no issue with running the admin db on postgresql.

Might this be an issue or do I have the dialect still wrong somewhere?

Bora

1 Reply
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: trial 1.7 with PostgreSQL SQL error

Each APS release is tested against the supported databases including Postgres. I think it is tested against 9.4 but I would expect 9.6 to work as there shouldn't be breaking changes between those versions. I'd expect you to need to set these properties:

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

datasource.driver=org.postgresql.Driver

datasource.url=

You'll also need to have the driver available - it should work with version 9.4.1208.jre7 of the driver. I assume you're using tomcat and java7, otherwise you would need a different driver version.