Trying to separate activiti model or from activiti explorer application

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savith
Member II

Trying to separate activiti model or from activiti explorer application

I have extracted the activiti modeler from the source of activiti. Now I am facing an issue with the inputs required by the application.so how can I customize the the activiti modeler ? Recommend some steps and also needed the inputs needed by the activities modeler source code?

7 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Trying to separate activiti model or from activiti explorer application

We have a lot of experience customizing the Activiti modeler.
Which version are you working with? I ask because there are big differences between the version 5 KissBPM modeler, the eclipse modeler and the Version 6 Modeler.

Thanks,
Greg

savith
Member II

I am using kisbpm file only.Actually I am trying to embed the activiti modeler application into my web application I have extracted the necessary files like HTML and Js files from the activiti explorer source. Now the UI is built by AngularJS so "modeler.html"  needed some parameters like Modelid and the JSON file comes from the HTTP request. So can u help me to get the JSON file also how can I get the drag and drop interface of the activiti modeler UI without any problem mentioned above.

Thanks.

gdharley
Intermediate

The structure of the stencilset (JSON) file is actually based on the old Oryx standard from the original Signavio modeler.

The format is fully documented in the Oryx Stencil Set specification.
You can get a copy from Scribd here: OryxSSS | Json | Java Script 

Cheers,

Greg

savith
Member II

Now i was able to seperate/extract activiti modeler as a stand alone web application. Using the web application  i can able to create the bpmn 2.0 diagram. But i need to save  that as bpmn xml now i was not able to "save" my diagram into bpmn xml file.

Could u please tell me some code level explanation to achive that ? 

Thanks and regards. 

gdharley
Intermediate

The modeler actually saves the process model into a JSON equivalent of BPMN XML in the model repository (database). This is what the "save" action does in the modeler.

You can extract the model in BPMN XML using the following REST call (Activiti 6 Beta version):

/app/rest/models/<id>/bpmn20

Cheers,

Greg

ani123
Member II

Hi Savith, Greg

I am looking into something similar. Since you guys have done it before, i would appreciate any help or pointers

- Want to use just the browser based modeler , and not the entire excplorer 

Which files / scripts are needed for using just the editor to create the BPMN diagram ?

-We want to use our own persistence , to a central repository 

WHat would we need to overwrite for this to happen 

The requirements are pretty much the same as you , the ability to integrate the BPMN modeler in our web application , but use our own persistence.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Ani

ani123
Member II

Hi Savith, Greg

I am looking into something similar. Since you guys have done it before, i would appreciate any help or pointers

- Want to use just the browser based modeler , and not the entire excplorer 

Which files / scripts are needed for using just the editor to create the BPMN diagram ?

-We want to use our own persistence , to a central repository 

WHat would we need to overwrite for this to happen 

The requirements are pretty much the same as you , the ability to integrate the BPMN modeler in our web application , but use our own persistence.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Ani