Undeploy workflow taking long time and UI page timeouts meantime

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swamy2156

Undeploy workflow taking long time and UI page timeouts meantime

Hi,

I am using Activiti v5.21 and I have a real time workflow with 70 active instances(in least case) and each process instance consists of 150 tasks. I am using API call to delete deployment - repositoryService.deleteDeployment(deploymentId, true);

When I am trying to undeploy that workflow, its took almost 3 minutes and mean time my UI page timeout happened. When I gone inside of the undeploy, I found some interesting things as below.

1) select queries on ACT_HI_VARINST and ACT_RU_VARIABLE tables. For instance, there are 70*150 *2 (instances * variable count * 2 VAR tables) = 21000 select queries which is consuming most of the execution time (~2/3 of execution time) which can be minimized by considering process_inst_id_ value.

10-May-2017[07:18:31.722]:Smiley Very HappyEBUG::ajp-nio-10002-exec-18:Smiley Surprisedrg.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.HistoricVariableInstanceEntity.selectHistoricVariableInstanceByVariableInstanceId:132 - ==> Preparing: select * from ACT_HI_VARINST where ID_ = ?
10-May-2017[07:18:31.723]:Smiley Very HappyEBUG::ajp-nio-10002-exec-18:Smiley Surprisedrg.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.HistoricVariableInstanceEntity.selectHistoricVariableInstanceByVariableInstanceId:132 - ==> Parameters: e4c1eeae-3575-11e7-89d1-020030001cf1(String)
10-May-2017[07:18:31.726]:Smiley Very HappyEBUG::ajp-nio-10002-exec-18:Smiley Surprisedrg.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.HistoricVariableInstanceEntity.selectHistoricVariableInstanceByVariableInstanceId:132 - <== Total: 1

2) After collecting entities using select queries, While deleting Its doing bulk deletes for few tables but not for ACT_RU_VARIABLE and ACT_HI_VARINST tables. Not sure why these 2 tables not considered for bulk deletes using process instance Id which is consuming more time during un deployment.

Is there any other way to do faster un deployment process to avoid UI page timeouts. Attached my use case activiti log file for reference.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks,

Swamy.

2 Replies
swamy2156

Re: Undeploy workflow taking long time and UI page timeouts meantime

By the way, I am using Oracle 11g RAC database for my application.

gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Undeploy workflow taking long time and UI page timeouts meantime

this appears to be a duplicate of :