Upload Activity 5 .bar with Activiti 6 admin UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aapthorp
Member II

Upload Activity 5 .bar with Activiti 6 admin UI

I'm migrating to Activiti 6 and trying to deploy an existing .bar file using the Activiti Admin UI and get the instructive message "Could not upload this file".

May be there is a hint in the note:

" Uploading a process is only possible to an Activiti Core Engine, not to an Activiti 6 UI instance. Processes in the Activiti 6 UI should be deployed using an app that is shared with individuals or groups. "

I'm just testing with the Activiti UI and don't see anything in the user guide referring to the Activiti Core Engine.

I'm probably missing something obvious here...

2 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Upload Activity 5 .bar with Activiti 6 admin UI

I'm not sure if you're importing an application or a process here. It's important to be clear that an application is an archive of processes and resources in a form that can be published. There are different upload features in the UI for these so if you try to import an archive as a process then it won't work since that feature expects .bpmn or .bpmn20.xml files. Importing an application now expects a .zip file so if you're importing an application maybe it's a problem with the archive extension (see  ). Presumably you've got the .bpmn or .bpmn20.xml files for the process or have them inside the .bar archive so you could import them individually and then create an application from them if need be.

aapthorp
Member II

Re: Upload Activity 5 .bar with Activiti 6 admin UI

The .bar just contains a number of .bpmn20.xml files. Do you mean that I have to import them individually? This works using the activiti-app.war. However, if I rename the .bar to .zip and import as an app it fails with "Error while processing the app definition file". Again this is with the activiti-app.war.

When this failed I then tried the activiti-admin.war, which gave the original error that I posted about.

Reading the Activiti 6 user guide it still refers to .bar files for programmatic deployment, so I'm not sure what has really changed.