Why only one user can claim the task

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_w

Why only one user can claim the task

Hello,

I have assigned user task to multiple users using candidate user but only one user can claim the task, why multiple user cannot claim? If that option is available can anyone provide me link?

Thanks

Amruta Wandakar

5 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Why only one user can claim the task

Perhaps one of these threads will help - how to assign common task for multiple users in activiti  or Is claiming a task is mandatory?  If not it would be useful if you could explain what concern is leading you to ask the question. 

amruta_w

Hello Ryan,

As you have provided closely related to me but not got the solution.

For ex - I have leave management application, I have assigned to ten users, all ten users should send leave application to manager. Presently what am facing is only user is able to apply for leave because only one user can claim the task. Other users are not able to claim the task.How should all users can send leave to manager.

Kindly help me out of this.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

If all 10 each have to send the leave applicaton then I would think you want 10 individual tasks each assigned to the relevant employee rather than one task assigned to all 10.

amruta_w

If I do like that then it will become redundancy. I want to achieve like one task should assign to all ten employees and all ten employees should claim, how can I do this?

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Yeah I guess you don't want 10 process definitions, which I assume is what you mean about redundancy. But couldn't you start 10 process instances and at runtime modify the assignee? So e.g. have one process defintion for which the assignee is a variable and set the value of the variable in each of the process instances to each of the individual users.