Will Decision Table compatabile with Activiti Community?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhitorem
Member II

Will Decision Table compatabile with Activiti Community?

Hi,

We are currently using Spring boot Application with Activiti BPM, Due to companies policies, we are being pushed from Activiti Enterprise to Activiti Community Version. Here comes the main issue with the In-flight stuff that needs to be migrated to the Community. We are trying to find the possible ways we may face issues in the process of migration.

Currently(In Enterprise) we are using a decision table in our workflow, my question is will the Decision Table would be compatible in community or will there be alternative like any Rule Engine or can pass the conditions through the Java Methods. #Spring boot #Activiti BPM

3 Replies
salaboy

Re: Will Decision Table compatabile with Activiti Community?

Hi there, 

In general, for migrations, you should try to keep both versions of the process engine alive until you finish in-flight processes. You might find that trying to migrate in-flight processes is a huge investment and might not be worth it. 

Regarding decisions, are you targeting Activiti 6 Community? If so, you can see here: Activiti/modules at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub  that activiti-dmn-* is there already.  

abhitorem
Member II

Thanks,

I would surely take your suggestion, I am not familiar how both the process engine can be kept alive keeping into consideration for New/Inflight Process, I mean how would you process Pointing to new/Inflight process. could you elaborate. 

Thanks

salaboy

That's part of your application logic. Most of the time you need to analyze if in flight processes are required to keep running based on the previous process definitions for compliance. There are some cases where process definitions are created based on legal regulations, so you can just not change the process definition for processes that were already started. 

Your application will need to, based on who is interacting with the process, decide which version to use. 

The most common rule to pick process versions is, new process instances go to the new process definition, but in-flight processes keep running with the old one. Again, it is a very domain specific decision.