I have existing workflow with 4 user tasks: DRAFT, PENDING_REVIEW_A, PENDING_REVIEW_B, and PENDING_APPROVAL.
Sequence Flows are:
- DRAFT to PENDING_REVIEW_A (operation = SUBMIT_A),
- DRAFT to PENDING_REVIEW_B (operation = SUBMIT_B),
- PENDING_REVIEW_A TO PENDING_APPROVAL (operation = REVIEWED_A),
- PENDING_REVIEW_B TO PENDING_APPROVAL (operation = REVIEWED_B)
Let's say the existing flow has been used in production for quite sometime and now below changes are to be done:
Changes to user task:
- Remove PENDING_REVIEW_A, PENDING_REVIEW_B
- Add new task PENDING_REVIEW
- Add sequence flow from RAFT to PENDING_REVIEW (operation = SUBMIT)
- Add Sequence flow from PENDING_REVIEW to PENDING_APPROVAL (operation = REVIEWED)
The problem I am facing is how to upgrade existing production transactions to new workflow.
- How can existing DRAFT and PENDING_APPROVAL tasks can be upgraded to new workflow version?
- How can existing PENDING_REVIEW_A and PENDING_REVIEW_B tasks can be upgraded to PENDING_REVIEW task?
Basically it's existing transactional data handling problem in ACT_* tables.
Thanks so much in advance.