Workflows developed with Designer extension show blank without extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blezek

Workflows developed with Designer extension show blank without extension

We have developed an Actviti Designer extension that holds some custom tasks for our application.  If I develop a workflow containing the custom tasks from the extension, and then load the workflow in a vanilla version of Designer, i.e. without our extension installed, I get a totally blank workflow.

If I re-create the same workflow without using our custom extension and compare, the "activiti:extensionID" attribute on the "<serviceTask>" tag is the only difference.  For example:

With Extension:

<serviceTask id="_SeriesRouter.ClassifySeries" name="Classify Series" activiti:class="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.task.ClassifySeriesTask" activiti:extensionId="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.designer.ClassifySeriesItem"></serviceTask>

Without Extension:

<serviceTask id="servicetask2" name="Classify Series" activiti:class="edu.mayo.qia.dewey.task.ClassifySeriesTask"></serviceTask>

Is there an easy way to make the workflow be editable without my custom extension?  It is very confusing to our users.  We could strip the "activiti:extensionID" attributes, and I think that would make it work...  but I'd rather not do that.

Edit: If I remove the "extensionID" attributes, the workflow shows up just fine without our Designer extension being installed.

Thanks,

-dan

2 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Workflows developed with Designer extension show blank without extension

I have to ask, are you using the eclipse designer (which I believe based on the code sample) or the Web Based designer used in Enterprise and Version 6 Community.

Thanks,

Greg

blezek

Re: Workflows developed with Designer extension show blank without extension

Hi Greg,  I'm using the Eclipse Designer with Actviti 5.22 (should have mentioned that).  We are planning to move to 6 at some point.

Thanks,

-dan