cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglascrp
Advanced II

About the ADF status

Jump to solution

Do you consider ADF's current state ready to be used in production?

I'm starting to consider using it to develop a custom application where users will be only consumers. It will be a read-only application, where the users will be able to browse and read documents.

What do you think about the idea?

Users with write permission will still use Share to create and change documents.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougjohnson
Active Member II

Re: About the ADF status

Jump to solution

Douglas C. R. Paes, ADF is currently being used in high-profile mission critical applications. As ADF is currently in Limited Availability, you are encouraged to engage Alfresco for support and eligibility for production applications. Feel free and contact your Alfresco Account Manager for formal inclusion into the Early Access and Limited Availability programs.

Otherwise, feel free and code away on your idea of a read-only view for a customized ADF view to Alfresco One using edit mode for Share.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dougjohnson
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Douglas C. R. Paes, ADF is currently being used in high-profile mission critical applications. As ADF is currently in Limited Availability, you are encouraged to engage Alfresco for support and eligibility for production applications. Feel free and contact your Alfresco Account Manager for formal inclusion into the Early Access and Limited Availability programs.

Otherwise, feel free and code away on your idea of a read-only view for a customized ADF view to Alfresco One using edit mode for Share.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

"is currently being used in high-profile mission critical applications"

Is there any chance to get something more specific? Otherwise this has the same ring to it as "There were 3 million illegal voters". Ideally some of the customers / partners that do use it could be encouraged to go public (here / at BeeCon / wherever) to share their experience / lessons learned / basic use case information. This could also help to show case any tangible advantages ADF may bring to the table, as currently all I can find with regards to examples / documentation is simply to abstract / trivial to convince me of any added value. (Disclaimer: I habitually ignore any marketing talk with regards to Material Design / Angular2 / "current hot web framework X")