Access SSL ACS with Certificate from ADF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jigir_shah

Access SSL ACS with Certificate from ADF

We generated our ADF v3.8 application using yeoman generator and building application using npm run build. Hence, deployment package is being generated in dist folder.

Before build, we modify app.config.json file and put EcmHost as ACS 6.2.1 endpoints.
We put this generated package folder in tomcat/webapps folder.
On accessing it, ADF application is working fine.

Now, if our ACS is running on SSL without Certificate configuration, ADF works fine. However, when our ACS is configured with certificates, we are getting not able to access ACS from ADF application and giving certificate related issue.

In our setup, ACS is configured using SSL Key-store and Trust-store using configurations in server.xml of tomcat. In Share side, we are passing p12 certificate file and password in remote tag of share-config-custom.xml file and share is working fine with this.

Same way, we would like to access ACS from ADF itself. Hence, I would like to know what all configuration needed in my ADF application to get this working? How can I pass p12 certificate and password with ecmHost URL? Is it possible? What all configurations needed?

4 Replies
abbask01

Re: Access SSL ACS with Certificate from ADF

angular requires you to provide the certificate and key in order to access SSL secured backend

Using openSSL generate certificate and key file from your pkcs12

in you angular.json provide these config, in serve > options

"sslKey": "<path-to-cert>/server.key",
"sslCert": "<path-to-cert>/server.crt",

then while running the app

ng serve --ssl true

Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Abbas
jigir_shah

Hi @abbask01 ,

This option we have tried and it's not working. Asking for Certificate on clicking Login button in ADF login page.

Also, this will be useful while running ADF locally. We are going to deploy build pacakge dist in tomcat. Hence, how can we pass certificate and key while building the application?

Thanks

abbask01

yea what i dscribe would only work for running on a node server. try installing certificate on tomcat on which your aca app is deployed.

Regards,
Abbas
jigir_shah

@abbask01 we have already installed certificates at tomcat server side. However, it would need Client certificate to get authenticated. Hence, my query is how can this client certificate be passed from ADF layer? Is it possible?