Alfresco ADF with only Process Services

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdharley
Intermediate

Alfresco ADF with only Process Services

Is it possible to use the ADF platform without using "Content Services"?

I am looking at a simple process application with no content store requirement and would like to see if ADF is a viable option.

Everything I have read, and all the testing to date indicates ECM is a required component and BPM is optional.

I am looking for the opposite where BPM is required and ECM is an optional component.

Thanks,

Greg

5 Replies
eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco ADF with only Process Services

Hi Greg,

Yes, you can absolutely just use the business process components.

Eugenio

gdharley
Intermediate

Thanks Eugenio,

Slight problem, it looks like ADF uses Angular 2.

My client is not comfortable with Angular2 (too new), is there an AngularJS option?
If not, are there any sample applications that use the Alfresco JS API with AngularJS? (I've seen snippets but no sample apps).

Before I spend a lot of time on this I just want to make sure the clients technical team are comfortable with the frameworks and technologies.

Worst case, I go with a generic Angular App and use Rest "resources", but I would prefer to use the Alfresco API if possible.

Thanks again,
Greg

gdharley
Intermediate

Eugenio,

I attempted to generate an ADF starter project using the yeoman generator (version 1.4.0)

> yo ng2-alfresco-app

I do not have Content Services running, but I do have Process Services running on port 8080.
Once the generator completes, I run "npm install" and then "npm run start"

The application fails with the following console output:

(unknown) Unhandled Promise rejection: Template parse errors:
Can't bind to 'showViewer' since it isn't a known property of 'alfresco-viewer'.
1. If 'alfresco-viewer' is an Angular component and it has 'showViewer' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
2. If 'alfresco-viewer' is a Web Component then add "CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA" to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message.
("
<div *ngIf="fileShowed">
<alfresco-viewer
[ERROR ->][(showViewer)]="fileShowed"
[blobFile]="content"
[displayName]="contentName"
"): ActivitiDemoComponent@175:4
Can't bind to 'blobFile' since it isn't a known property of 'alfresco-viewer'.
1. If 'alfresco-viewer' is an Angular component and it has 'blobFile' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
2. If 'alfresco-viewer' is a Web Component then add "CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA" to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message.
("
<alfresco-viewer
[(showViewer)]="fileShowed"
[ERROR ->][blobFile]="content"
[overlayMode]="true">
"): ActivitiDemoComponent@176:4
Can't bind to 'displayName' since it isn't a known property of 'alfresco-viewer'.
1. If 'alfresco-viewer' is an Angular component and it has 'displayName' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
("
[(showViewer)]="fileShowed"
[blobFile]="content"
[ERROR ->][displayName]="contentName"
[overlayMode]="true">
</alfresco-viewer>
"): ActivitiDemoComponent@177:4
Can't bind to 'overlayMode' since it isn't a known property of 'alfresco-viewer'.
1. If 'alfresco-viewer' is an Angular component and it has 'overlayMode' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
("
[blobFile]="content"
[ERROR ->][overlayMode]="true">
</alfresco-viewer>
</div>
"): ActivitiDemoComponent@178:4
'alfresco-viewer' is not a known element:
1. If 'alfresco-viewer' is an Angular component, then verify that it is part of this module.
2. If 'alfresco-viewer' is a Web Component then add "CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA" to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message. ("

Any ideas?

Thanks,
greg

gdharley
Intermediate

eugenio romano‌,

The problem appears to be in the yeoman generator for the Process Services Components.

The Process Services feature does not import the ViewerModule..in app.module.ts

import { ViewerModule } from 'ng2-alfresco-viewer';

Once the import is added, it all works fine.

Just an FYI.

Greg

eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Greg thanks for the info I will test it soon as possible and will report this issue