Alfresco Digital Workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhawna
Member II

Alfresco Digital Workspace

I have deployed Alfresco Digital Workspace into Tomcat. When digital-workspace.war gets exploded, there we can see digital workspace folder and inside that we can view a particular folder structure, that structure is little bit different from ADF. How should I merge the changes which I developed in ADF(angular based project) to ADW? or How should I do development or customizations in ADW?

4 Replies
bigs4321
Partner

Re: Alfresco Digital Workspace

I am very interested to hear what are the best practices around extending Digital Workspace as well

eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Please give a look on the official extensibility documentation https://alfresco-content-app.netlify.com/#/extending/

dvuika
Alfresco Employee

You should ask your support contact for the credentials and access to the source code of the Alfresco Digital Workspace. You will then be able install or change extensions, build the application and deploy.

jpotts
Professional

I appreciate what's been done so far in the "extending" docs, but it is nowhere near what it needs to be for most of my customers. It remains very unclear as to what can be extended and what requires forking Alfresco code.

I've submitted a list of simple customization examples to support on behalf of one of my enterprise customers. I'm hoping support's response includes the guidance we need.

I'm also hoping that, in the very near future, the docs include step-by-step examples covering 100% of the ADW/ACA extension points and a specific list of things that cannot be changed via those extension points.