cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinbeddingfie
Partner

APS Designer Forms Javascript & ADF

Jump to solution

I have a client that has been using the out of the box APS user interface where I have added a fair amount of Javascript (client side) within the Forms via the APS App Designer in order to meet some of their business needs.  We are now preparing to move to ADF to handle more enhancement requests.  We would like to leave the forms as untouched as possible during this, preferring to spend more time on customizing other ADF components like the Task List, adding ACS searches, etc.  

My question:  Will the Javascript that is embedded into the forms from the App Designer still work within ADF?  I tried a quick test using ACS 1.7.0 and ADF 1.8 but it does not appear that the Javascript is executing.  When I turn on debug mode, I can see the javascriptEvents (formRendered, formFieldBlur) but nothing is executing.  Am I missing a step?  Are there version combinations that allow this?

Many thanks.  Very new to ADF so any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Re: APS Designer Forms Javascript & ADF

Jump to solution

It has never been possible to execute AngularJS (known as Angular 1) code inside the Angular 2-5 framework. So the answer is no, it's not possible due to the framework architecture. 

The ADF Form component provides Angular (not AngularJS) alternative where applicable. It is possible to use FormService to listen to form and stencil events, also creating custom Angular components (see more details here alfresco-ng2-components/extensibility.md at master · Alfresco/alfresco-ng2-components · GitHub )

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

It has never been possible to execute AngularJS (known as Angular 1) code inside the Angular 2-5 framework. So the answer is no, it's not possible due to the framework architecture. 

The ADF Form component provides Angular (not AngularJS) alternative where applicable. It is possible to use FormService to listen to form and stencil events, also creating custom Angular components (see more details here alfresco-ng2-components/extensibility.md at master · Alfresco/alfresco-ng2-components · GitHub )

kevinbeddingfie
Partner

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.  I knew that custom stencils did not work within ADF but I was unaware that javascript embedded into the forms fell into that same category.