Code navigation functions in Visual Studio Code doesn't work with ADF project.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunjian_xy
Member II

Code navigation functions in Visual Studio Code doesn't work with ADF project.

Jump to solution

With the ADF created project, I cannot use code navigation functions, such as 'Go to Definition', in Visual Studio Code (vscode). It always says 'No definitions found for ...'. But the function is OK with other projects I had before, so I think the problem doesn't lie in my vscode but in the ADF project itself.

For information, I used vscode to open the root folder created by ng2-alfresco-app.

Can any body give some guidelines on how to use vscode with the ADF project, or tell me what tool should I use instead of vscode?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Code navigation functions in Visual Studio Code doesn't work with ADF project.

Jump to solution

Hi Sun,

I talked internally also to have other experiences from the developers and you are right: this behaviour is currently a problem we are addressing using Visual Studio Code.

We had this issue for 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 due to the changes in TypeScript version and WebPack.

The issue should apply only to the content within ‘demo shell’ project (or Yeoman generated app), but should not affect the components in general, if used out form this context.

The team told me the issue should be fix in version 1.5.0... so, soon. ;-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Code navigation functions in Visual Studio Code doesn't work with ADF project.

Jump to solution

Hi Sun,

I talked internally also to have other experiences from the developers and you are right: this behaviour is currently a problem we are addressing using Visual Studio Code.

We had this issue for 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 due to the changes in TypeScript version and WebPack.

The issue should apply only to the content within ‘demo shell’ project (or Yeoman generated app), but should not affect the components in general, if used out form this context.

The team told me the issue should be fix in version 1.5.0... so, soon. ;-)

sunjian_xy
Member II

Jump to solution

Could you share with me what tool ADF developers are using?

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

I know they are using Visual Studio Code...
eugenio romano, Denys Vuika, Mario Romano, Mauricio Salatino feel free to add colours on this.

Thanks.