How to Call a Repo Action from a Datatable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgkoneill

How to Call a Repo Action from a Datatable

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to call a custom Repo Action from an ADF component. 

I have a datatable that shows custom data for each data table row.  I have configured actions for each row in the table.  The action when clicked collects some form data (via a dialog) and then emits the collected data to the container component.  The container component should then call a Repo Action to carry out the work against the node.  I can see that there is an ACS Action service but it expects you to hook it up to an item in a DocumentList.  In my case I am using a Datatable so thats not possible.  So is there an equivalent Action Service I can use if using a datatable component row action.

On a side note, the DocumentList component is fantastic but is limited to an expectation that content lives in a folder.  One of the big advantages of Alfresco is that you can use metadata to categorise content and then aggregate it via that metadata.  The documentlist component cannot be used in that scenario and therefore all of the acs components that expect you to be working with items in the context of a DocumentList are not useable.  It would be fantastic if the DocumentList component could be changed to allow you to provide a cmis query to populate the list. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards

Brian 

Seed IM

4 Replies
eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to Call a Repo Action from a Datatable

bgkoneill

Hi Eugenio,

Thanks for giving me that pointer.  I am a bit confused on how to implement this.  From what I can gather the js-api has been implemented in typescript as the Alfresco JS API services.  This service in turn gives access to a bunch of api classes . However, I cant find the action api in any of these.  Is there a way to call the action api from the JS API Service or do I need to call a webscript to access the action api.  

Regards

Brian

bgkoneill

Hi Eugenio,

Did you get a chance to consider the question I have asked in follow up.  I cannot figure out how to access the actions api from the content-rest api.  Please advise.

Regards

Brian

SeedIM

bgkoneill

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I did not get any further response on this question so we implemented it as a call to the actions service via a webscript.  I wrote  a blog on this here for anyone that needs it.

Regards

Brian