How to get Admin User credential ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dharmraj

How to get Admin User credential ?

In Admin App I can access all process using admin User. I have one required like  user not a part of process . But i want to give access  that user to view attached form of process. I want to pass admin credential  for that user to access that process. But I donot  want to hard code  password in UI . Is it Possible ?

7 Replies
dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to get Admin User credential ?

You are trying to create a huge security issue by passing admin credentials across the system from the client app. You should never do anything like that and never hardcode credentials in javascript as it will be available for everyone to see.

dharmraj

Re: How to get Admin User credential  ?

I have created one process . that process only i can view or admin user . But i want to give some other user to view that process . How can I give ?

dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Then you process is wrong and you need changing the workflow I think. I suggest asking the BPM forum on how to make a proper process with groups and permissions.

If you make a client app allow another user use admin account, anyone with a Postman will do the same for any account and will pwn your system.

dharmraj

Re: How to get Admin User credential  ?

Ok  I understood . But I have required   like that So i am thinking  for that user i  can  pass username( Admin) no password Based on user name . I can get password and i can get form in readonly mode . In admin app we have change password option .So may be admin user can change password in future . I donot want to hard code in UI. This scenario i want for one user only .If that user is logged in that time i want to do  this . Can i get credential for admin user ?

dvuika
Alfresco Employee

You raised a question in ADF forum, that is client side framework only. There's no public API to get plain text admin password to client side and will never be.

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Denys Vuika‌ This problem can be solved by sso if i am not wrong. Does ADF support sso in its latest version as i had tried very hard in version 1.9 of ADF but was not successful.

Please let us know is it possible and any docs will help

dvuika
Alfresco Employee

The SSO support requires latest 2.5.0 ADF, you can check release notes for all releases on this very forum. 

Even with SSO you won’t be able to pass admin credentials to a regular user. To be honest, I think you need reviewing your approaches to security, as asking for plain text passwords in 2018 is not a very good thing. I hope you address the problem on the workflow level and your customers won’t suffer absence of security for their system