How to integrate Single Sign On (SSO) to my ADF Application?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jigir_shah

How to integrate Single Sign On (SSO) to my ADF Application?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am running my ADF 2.5.0 application on server with ACS and APS. Now, I would like to have SSO integration with my ADF application. As soon as user try to access ADF, there should be my organization's Login page in which user fills their SSO credentials. My organization is having OpenID for SSO.

After successful login, ADF home page should be displayed. 

I would like to have this type of SSO integration with my ADF app. 

Does anyone have worked with this? Request you to provide detailed steps or documentation if possible.

Thanks,

Jigir Shah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to integrate Single Sign On (SSO) to my ADF Application?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Using ACS 6.1.X and ADF 3.X.X it works. It is full supported

Eugenio

View solution in original post

4 Replies
d_moeyersons
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi Jigir,

Keycloak support for ACS, APS & ADF should be coming soon.

https://community.alfresco.com/people/gravitonian/blog/2018/07/17/getting-started-with-alfresco-iden... 

Keycloak supports OpenID and other SSO mechanisms.

Best regards,

David

jigir_shah

Jump to solution

Hi David,

Thanks for the info.

However, I would like to know if I want to integrate my ADF app with OpenID, then would I be able to do it or I have to wait for Alfresco team to provide support?

Also, I have other question like, if I use login provider as ECM, then ACS must have OpenID integration, right? 

Thanks,

Jigir Shah

d_moeyersons
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi Jigir,

For your first question:

I haven't tried it myself, but technically the method described on the page should work. On the other hand, as said on the page, it is still in early access, so there could be bugs or even security risks, so it is highly discouraged to use it in a production environment at the moment. But in my opinion that shouldn't stop you from testing it in a controlled environment. If it is currently in early access, it shouldn't take too long for a stable version to be released.

For your second question:

It isn't completely clear to me how you would use your login provider as ECM. But I can try to explain the authentication mechanism of ADF.

ADF actually doesn't have an authentication system of its own, but it uses the authentication system of the Alfresco back-end to login on Alfresco, so show up as logged in into ADF because you are logged in in Alfresco, not the other way around. Any authentication system that you would use, has to be compatible with Alfresco. This means that technically you could also log in by sending a simple rest command to the Alfresco service. Not all authentication related components would work well, but it works (I have for example written my own auth service to support Kerberos SSO).

Best Regards,

David.

eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Using ACS 6.1.X and ADF 3.X.X it works. It is full supported

Eugenio