Is there a problem with the installation of the Alfresco ADF App Generator? root@alfresco:/opt/alfresco# npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app > deasync@0.1.12 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-alfresco-adf-app/node_modules/deasync > n

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmlane
Member II

Is there a problem with the installation of the Alfresco ADF App Generator? root@alfresco:/opt/alfresco# npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app > deasync@0.1.12 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-alfresco-adf-app/node_modules/deasync > n

Jump to solution

Alfresco ADF App Generator

root@alfresco:/opt/alfresco# npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app

> deasync@0.1.12 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-alfresco-adf-app/node_modules/deasync
> node ./build.js

sh: 1: node: not found
/usr/local/lib
└── (empty)

npm ERR! Linux 4.4.0-116-generic
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "generator-alfresco-adf-app"
npm ERR! node v4.2.6
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn

npm ERR! deasync@0.1.12 install: `node ./build.js`
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the deasync@0.1.12 install script 'node ./build.js'.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the deasync package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node ./build.js
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs deasync
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls deasync
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /opt/alfresco/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! code 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Re: Is there a problem with the installation of the Alfresco ADF App Generator? root@alfresco:/opt/alfresco# npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app > deasync@0.1.12 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-alfresco-adf-app/node_modules/deasync

Jump to solution

You need the official Long Term Support (LTS) version of node.js. Right now it is 8.10.0: Node.js 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dvuika
Alfresco Employee

Re: Is there a problem with the installation of the Alfresco ADF App Generator? root@alfresco:/opt/alfresco# npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app > deasync@0.1.12 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-alfresco-adf-app/node_modules/deasync

Jump to solution

You need the official Long Term Support (LTS) version of node.js. Right now it is 8.10.0: Node.js 

bigmlane
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you!

rashesh_ved
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I was having same issue.I did following steps sharing with you if it could help you anything

1) Remove old node version completely from your system
2) Installed 8.14.0 version of node
3) Try installing 

• npm install -g generator-alfresco-adf-app
  • yo alfresco-adf-app     

commands with administrator command prompt in my windows system.

ContCentric

perenono
Partner

Jump to solution

Hi,

i have same problem and i have try many LTS version, last version with nvm but without success. I try to run the aca-extension (GitHub - Alfresco/aca-extension-example )

nvm list
v8.14.0
-> v8.16.1
v10.16.3
v12.2.0
v12.8.0
default -> node (-> v12.8.0)
node -> stable (-> v12.8.0) (default)
stable -> 12.8 (-> v12.8.0) (default)
iojs -> N/A (default)
lts/* -> lts/dubnium (-> v10.16.3)
lts/argon -> v4.9.1 (-> N/A)
lts/boron -> v6.17.1 (-> N/A)
lts/carbon -> v8.16.1
lts/dubnium -> v10.16.3

With all version i have thos log :

npm run build:my-extension

> extension-workspace@0.0.0 build:my-extension /home/noeper/Bureau/workspaces/workspace-adf/aca-extension-example
> ng build my-extension && cpr projects/my-extension/assets dist/my-extension/assets --deleteFirst

sh: 1: ng: not found
npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn
npm ERR! extension-workspace@0.0.0 build:my-extension: `ng build my-extension && cpr projects/my-extension/assets dist/my-extension/assets --deleteFirst`
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the extension-workspace@0.0.0 build:my-extension script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm WARN Local package.json exists, but node_modules missing, did you mean to install?

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/noeper/.npm/_logs/2019-09-05T08_13_23_887Z-debug.log

Have you an idea of what i can try?

Thanks