JavaScript debugger "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badawiraphael
Member II

JavaScript debugger "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which"

Hello there,

I've been struggling for a while to make the JS debugger working again after migrating from Alfresco 5.x Alfresco 6.2. The Alfresco instance is running on a CentOS 7 server.

The error message is a "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it."

I tried to force the console working headless with the JAVA_OPTS -Djava.awt.headless=true but it resulted in a Headless Exception with a "cannot resolve reference to bean 'rhinoScriptDebugger'" message.

If I put headless back to false, set and launch X as follows :

export DISPLAY=:0.0
xinit
xhost +

i got this different error message :

alf.png

Since then I've been going around in circles.

Anybody has any idea to fix this?

1 Reply
badawiraphael
Member II

Re: JavaScript debugger "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operati

Just in case someone still struggles with this after having tried everything above.

We solved the issue simply by reinstalling the console:

java -jar ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/bin/alfresco-mmt.jar install ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/amps/alfresco-aos-module-1.1.amp ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/webapps/alfresco.war -verbose
java -jar ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/bin/alfresco-mmt.jar install ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/amps/javascript-console-repo-0.6.0.amp ${TOMCAT_BASE}/alfresco/webapps/alfresco.war -verbose