React SPA using Alfresco JS API

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wuarmin
Active Member II

React SPA using Alfresco JS API

I want to know, if it's advisable to create a react SPA using the Alfresco JS Api?

I know there is an Angular Framework, but there are reasons why I don't want to use Angular.

Thx and best regards 

2 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: React SPA using Alfresco JS API

Hi @wuarmin 

I think it's hard for others to comment on whether React is a good idea without knowing a little more about your requirements and situation.

That said, the official documentation does mention the possibility of using the Javascript API with React. There's also a blog post on experimenting with React & Share. Jeff Potts has also written an interesting article on the considerations involved in not using ADF. Finally this blog post by Sergey Palyukh might be interesting for you.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
wuarmin
Active Member II

Re: React SPA using Alfresco JS API

Good morning @EddieMay,

Thank you for the blog posts. The most helpful was the post of Jeff Pott. 

I don't want to use Share with React. I want to create a customized SPA for invoice processing. Show documents in a table (based on search, based on directory), open a document and set some props (i.e. with infos from sources different inhouse [APIs]), regarding to the settings the documents should be moved to different directories etc.

Regarding to workflows, I have another question: Should or can I use workflows in the SPA, or should I implement the workflows on my own? (just move documents from folder to folder and keep the logic in the customized SPA?) 

Thank you 

Best regards