Seemingly random activities not getting posted to alf_activity_post, alf_activity_feed tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lex91
Active Member II

Seemingly random activities not getting posted to alf_activity_post, alf_activity_feed tables

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've written and installed a repository webscript onto a server running Alfresco Community v5.2.0 (r133656-b12).

When accessed, this webscript displays a table containing activity feed events (file-previewed, file-created, file-added etc.) pertaining to a specific document identified by its nodeRef. It gets the activity events by accessing the alf_activity_feed table directly using: 

Connection db = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUsername, dbPassword);

It seemed to work fine but I recently noticed that sometimes the activity (when I preview a document, for example) doesn't register. If I repeat the same activity, with the same user, on the same unaltered document later (from minutes to hours later), at some point, it registers.

I followed the logs and database when it occured and nothing happens...no errors and the activity doesn't show up in either alf_activity_post or alf_activity_feed tables. While this is happening, other activities, users, documents get registered continuously.

Unfortunately, I'm stumped. I haven't found any predictable pattern to it. I was thinking there may be some sort of limit on the number of entries per user/site/time interval but haven't found anything.

I would greatly apreciate any help, idea that can point me in the right direction.

Alex.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lex91
Active Member II

Re: Seemingly random activities not getting posted to alf_activity_post, alf_activity_feed tables

Jump to solution
1 Reply
lex91
Active Member II

Re: Seemingly random activities not getting posted to alf_activity_post, alf_activity_feed tables

Jump to solution

Solution in this post.