Sorting and pagination issues in ADF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srikanth94

Sorting and pagination issues in ADF

We have a primary folder where user uploads the documents, say for example we have four pages of documents, when user is uploading the file where the table has the sorting set on created date, 
But ADF is providing sorting in such a way that sorting is done only on the chuck of documents that are available on that page, 

For example: 1st page gives 25 documents (starting from Sep 15 to Sep 30), 2nd page which gives 25 documents does not start from Sep 30. It seems like for each click of page (items per page), it is fetching a separate set of documents from back end and performing sort on that new set.

3 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: Sorting and pagination issues in ADF

Can you provide screenshots of Share and then of ADF of this issue?

srikanth94

Alfresco Share Page 1Alfresco Share Page 1Alfresco Share Page 2Alfresco Share Page 2Alfresco ADF Page 1Alfresco ADF Page 1Alfresco ADF Page 2Alfresco ADF Page 2Alfresco ADF Page 3Alfresco ADF Page 3

Obersvations:

ADF sorting order [Oldest - Newest]

Page 1 :: Has the data that is sorted with modifiedAt from Nov 16th 2019 - 14 min ago
Page 2 :: Has the data that is sorted with modifiedAt from Feb 24th 2011 - 9 min ago
page 3 :: Has the data that is sorted with modifiedAt from 16 min - 13 min ago

Alfresco Share sordting [Oldest - Newest]

Page 1 :: Has the data that is sorted with modifiedAt 9yrs Old(2011) - 20 min ago
Page 2 :: Has the data that is sorted with modifiedAt 20 min Old - 17 min ago

Please find the attached screenshots,

Versions used:

Alfresco Share :: 5.2.0
Alfresco ADF :: @alfresco/adf-content-services": "3.7.0",

When i click on ModifiedAt sorting [Oldest-Newest], i see the data is sorted only on the chuck of the data that is present on that particular page rather
than sorting complete data as of we see on Alfresco Share

When i click on Pagination, i see a REST call being called from ADF - Alfresco

http://localhost:4280/alfresco/api/-default-/public/alfresco/versions/1/nodes/a211774d-ba6d-4a35-b97f-dacfaac7bde3/children?
skipCount=10&maxItems=10&include=path%2Cproperties%2CallowableOperations%2Cpermissions%2CaspectNames%2CisFavorite&includeSource=true

This URL is not having OrderBy parameter which helps in getting the data in Ordered way as mentioned in
https://api-explorer.alfresco.com/api-explorer/#!/nodes/listNodeChildren
"A string to control the order of the entities returned in a list. You can use the orderBy parameter to sort the list by one or more fields."

Is there a soultion for providing OrderBy dynamically when modifiedAt or Size or any Other data column is clicked.

dzider

Hi,

I have the same problem. Any updates?