How do I submit a project idea for the hackathon?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfresco
Alfresco Employee

How do I submit a project idea for the hackathon?

Jump to solution

I have an idea for a project I'd like to work on during the hackathon. How do I submit that idea? How do I get other people to join my team? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: How do I submit a project idea for the hackathon?

Jump to solution

The public space dedicated to the Global Hack-a-thon 2017 is the right place to start.

If you want to add a Project as leader, click on the Edit button (on the top right of this page) and add a new section with the following structure.

Title of the Project

Idea owner: ... (probably you)

Description: ...

Prep work: ...

Interested parties:

Be sure to put the new project into the right section: Content Services, Process Services or Application Development Framework.

The member of your team can subscribe (or you can subscribe them) under the Interested parties section.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

The public space dedicated to the Global Hack-a-thon 2017 is the right place to start.

If you want to add a Project as leader, click on the Edit button (on the top right of this page) and add a new section with the following structure.

Title of the Project

Idea owner: ... (probably you)

Description: ...

Prep work: ...

Interested parties:

Be sure to put the new project into the right section: Content Services, Process Services or Application Development Framework.

The member of your team can subscribe (or you can subscribe them) under the Interested parties section.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

We also have a category for projects that are focussed more on abstract community resources / engagement, e.g. the creation of new content / update of existing content in this platform or review/update of existing addons that are no longer maintained by their original developer. 

There is no restriction on the number of suggested ideas that you can add. Some project ideas may not attract other interested participants, so you may choose to drop (some of) your own suggestions and join a different team on the day of the hack-a-thon. We will definitely not force anyone to work alone on a project just because it was their idea