cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Welcome to our new Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the Alfresco community.  My name is Eddie May, and I’m the new Digital Community Manager here at Alfresco. In this new position I’m really looking forward to working with the fantastic Alfresco community.

My own background is in Java and PHP development. I’ve previously worked with Alfresco and more recently with Open Source software such as Joomla & Magento as a freelance developer. With this background I know the importance of a thriving community to the success of a software project, and I’m really excited to be here to help.

My central role is to help you, the community, to get the best possible experience in your interactions with Alfresco and its wider community. Think of me as something of a bridge between Alfresco the company and Alfresco the community.

Part of this role is to listen to the community and with that in mind, to discover which communication channels are best suited to our community. We intend to keep publishing updates here on the Hub, on Discord, on Twitter and other social media, but are there other channels that we might consider using? So, any feedback on how we can improve our communication with the community is welcome. Reply to this thread or email me eddie.may@alfresco.com if you have any ideas on how we can better communicate with you.

Going forward we have ambitious plans for the Alfresco Hub. We want to make the Hub the primary community resource, full of helpful content for Alfresco customers, developers, partners and users. With this in mind we are developing a programme of tutorials, how-to articles, programming tips and more to help you get the most out of Alfresco software. Alongside we will publish announcements about community edition releases, feature releases, as well as occasional interviews and discussions with our internal engineering teams. We are also looking to revive the Tech Talks and Office Hours.

Finally, I am really looking forward to enhancing the commitment and contribution that Alfresco makes to the Open Source Community. Come and join me on this exiting journey.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the comments below – I’m looking forward to meeting you all.

All the best,

Eddie May

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!