Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
phosking
Member II

CPU-based Licensing

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CPU-based licensing for the Enterprise version - does it just relate to the number of CPUs in the production environment, or does it extend to other environments as well?  I am evaluating Alfresco for a client that has a number of environments, including a development environment, multiple test environments, a pre-production environment, and a production environment.  If the licensing relates to test environments as well as production, then that will probably be a showstopper for them, as they have quite a tight budget for this financial year.

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 Replies
kevinr
Active Member II

Re: CPU-based Licensing

Hello,

Providing you license the production cpu(s) then you can have developer boxes set-up as you see fit. We do not want to hold back your development! The enterprise license for your production box includes support, see the Alfresco Software website for more info http://www.alfrescosoftware.com/

If you require in-depth developer support (such as direct contact with an Alfresco developer) then we can supply that as part of a developer support contract. Please contact sales@alfrescosoftware.com for more info.

Thanks,

Kevin
phosking
Member II

Hi Kevin,

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.  What you mentioned sounds good, but I noticed that you didn't explicitly mention test environments, and so my client has asked me to confirm this with the Alfresco sales team.  I will try the email address that you provided in your message.

Thanks again.
kevinr
Active Member II

Applogies for not being complete clear - the test environment can be considered the same as the dev environment. As long as you licence the CPU(s) on the production system then that's fine. Won't hurt to confirm this with sales anyway i'm sure Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kevin