Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lgr
Member II

Problem using template my_spaces.ftl

Hello,

Using this template as dashboard, all spaces from root node are showed as clickable links. When i click on one space, it redirects to the space details. But instead of redirecting directly to the details, it first asks me for an authentication.

While reading the page source, i see that when browsing spaces, it uses the browse form via a POST action :
onclick="document.forms['browse']['browse:act'].value='browse:link5';document.forms['browse']['id'].value='e9479399-7ff8-11da-a5c4-47c907178674';document.forms['browse'].submit();return false;"
Whereas when using the template, it redirects to a GET URL :
http://ged.corp.intrinsec.com:8080/alfresco/navigate/showSpaceDetails/workspace/SpacesStore/25eb6918...

So i think some session ID is lost, so that i'm redirected to the login form.

Then, i replaced in the template file the GET URL by the POST form, but i don't know what does mean the browse:link5, and how to determine it. It does not seem to work properly when this value is wrong.(Note : i've added the <FORM id="browse" … in the template file, because current page is changed to dashboard.jsp)

Browsing instead viewing details raises the same question : i don't know how to determine the "_id" in : document.forms['browse']['browse:act'].value='browse:_id24'.

Can you help me ?

As a consequence, the template my_spaces.flt does not work properly.  Smiley Happy

Laurent.
1 Reply
kevinr
Active Member II

Re: Problem using template my_spaces.ftl

At the moment, templates are only capable of generating the "external access" URL format used in Alfresco web-client. These URLs are designed to be copied into emails etc. or pasted into browsers to give direct access to a folder/content. However at the moment a side-effect of the fact that the external URLs must interact with the JSF client architecture is that they need to logout the current user before attempting to show the requested item. We should be fixing this issue for 1.2 as part of the Guest Access refactoring work.

The POST actions are used by actions in the JSF client framework, they are not bookmarkable and as such create the issue whereby we needed to come up with a different mechanism for external URL access to objects.

Thanks,

Kevin