mrks_js1
Established Member II

Re: Some files are not searchable using advance search

thats not the solr 4 admin ui, you are probably on solr 1.4.1

=> try to find the info under 'Cores: Alfresco'

fouada
Active Member II

Can we upgrade only Solr from 1.4.1 to 4 without upgrading Alfresco?

fouada
Active Member II

Hi Markus,

We are planning to re-upload documents which are not searchable . Is there any way to find out unsearchable file name or node-reference, BY Solr admin UI we can only find number of un-index file but not name or noderef of Docs so that we can reupload them.

Thanks,

Fouad

mrks_js1
Established Member II

i would suggest to repair your index.

you should be able to list the unindexed transactions and re-try them or run a fix on the index.

its not very straight forward but the link from Douglas C. R. Paes​ should give you a lot of hints

binduwavell
Established Member

Please provide a node dump for one of the nodes you can't find via search. Also please provide an exact sample search you are attempting that is failing. Ideally attempt to find the node via the Node Browser rather than the UI and then provide your findings with exact queries that fail and if you find any, ones that work.

fouada
Active Member II

Hi Bindu,

I have searched using node browser by providing nodref of unsearchable document and successfully found it But using advance search UI It fails.

I have also compare properties came in node browser with documents property and it is same.

Thanks,

Fouad

fouada
Active Member II

Hi Kalpesh,

I have checked document using node browser and property are appropriate. Fresh files are searchable checked by uploading new files.

Thanks,

Fouad

binduwavell
Established Member

Please provide node dump. Also try searching in node browser using Lucerne or Alfresco FTS syntax.

kalpesh_c2

Hi Fouad,

May be you can try executing below links and see if that fixes your problem. Please note this is just fixing the indexes with issues.

https://localhost:8443/solr4/admin/cores?action=FIX

This link expects solr4 installation. If you are using sol1.4 and want to upgrade to solr4, follow this link : Upgrading from Solr 1.4 to Solr 4 search | Alfresco Documentation

Let me know if this helps.

PS : Not sure, if you have solution already. Just thought to share information that might be useful.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

ContCentric

fouada
Active Member II

Hi Bindu,

I have run the lucene search in node browser for non searchable file. I couldn't get any result.

And I am getting result for searchable file.

Thanks,

Fouad