I have this exact same issue. Unable to log in to Alfresco or Share. The password in the xml file you mentioned is the same password I'm using to login. The results of your webscript above follows: HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.
Browsers tested: Firefox and Internet Explorer with the same results. I receive the login prompt on the share side, but when I try to login: "The remote server may be unavailable or your authentication details have not been recognized." The error on the Explorer side is in my first post. I just tried the fqdn with the same results. I have confirmed the password to use in web-client-config.xml.