cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_palyukh
Established Member

AOS + Kerberos SSO: Login popup appears

Hello everyone!

We have been configuring Alfresco Community 7.3.1 with Kerberos SSO enabled. It works pretty well, we can access Share, Repo, WebDav and AOS via browser without a credentials prompt.

Also, we can mount Alfresco as a drive via WebDav and AOS.

However, if we try to open an MS Office document via AOS (using the "Edit in MS Office" action on Alfresco Share or directly from Windows File Explorer) then the login window appears. 

There are 2 weird things there:

1. If we close the popup without entering login/password then the document loads successfully and it can be edited without any problems. The document gets locked in Alfresco Share until editing is finished and the version of the document gets updated. So, all works correctly except for the login prompt.

2. When we open a document via /alfresco/webdav/ the login popup doesn't appear.

3. There is an old alfresco installation that is configured the same way and the login prompt doesn't appear when we open files via MS Office.

Server Details:

- Ubuntu Server
- ACS Community 7.3.1.
- AOS 1.6.0-M1 (tried v1.5.0, v1.4.0)
- Tomcat 9
- NGinx + SSL 
- Kerberos SSO

Client:

- Windows 10
- MS Office 16

Could someone advise where an issue might be? Can it be a bug in AOS? Or is it a misconfiguration of the client or the server?

3 Replies
saradean
Member II

Re: AOS + Kerberos SSO: Login popup appears

When using AOS (Azure AD OpenID Connect/OAuth2) and Kerberos SSO (Single Sign-On) together, it is common for a login popup to appear because Kerberos SSO requires the user's credentials to be passed to the server in order to authenticate. This can cause a disruption in the user experience, as they may need to enter their credentials multiple times. To minimize this disruption, it is recommended to use seamless SSO, which can automatically authenticate users without requiring them to enter their credentials again.

crisdev13
Active Member II

sir do you have configuration of edit in microsoft office ? i have tried mine but still no luck when i click edit ms office miscosoft word open then no display show in ms word thanks sir!

nuggetsupreme
Member II

May I ask, sir, do you have the edit configuration in Microsoft Office? I have tried using mine, but so far I have not been successful. When I select Edit in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word opens, but there is no display in Microsoft Word.

@s_palyukh dumb ways to die wrote:

Hello everyone!

We have been configuring Alfresco Community 7.3.1 with Kerberos SSO enabled. It works pretty well, we can access Share, Repo, WebDav and AOS via browser without a credentials prompt.

Also, we can mount Alfresco as a drive via WebDav and AOS.

However, if we try to open an MS Office document via AOS (using the "Edit in MS Office" action on Alfresco Share or directly from Windows File Explorer) then the login window appears. 

There are 2 weird things there:

1. If we close the popup without entering login/password then the document loads successfully and it can be edited without any problems. The document gets locked in Alfresco Share until editing is finished and the version of the document gets updated. So, all works correctly except for the login prompt.

2. When we open a document via /alfresco/webdav/ the login popup doesn't appear.

3. There is an old alfresco installation that is configured the same way and the login prompt doesn't appear when we open files via MS Office.

Server Details:

- Ubuntu Server
- ACS Community 7.3.1.
- AOS 1.6.0-M1 (tried v1.5.0, v1.4.0)
- Tomcat 9
- NGinx + SSL 
- Kerberos SSO

Client:

- Windows 10
- MS Office 16

Could someone advise where an issue might be? Can it be a bug in AOS? Or is it a misconfiguration of the client or the server?