cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benv

Can I add a "folder" search filter

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to set the "filter property" to something like "cm:folder"? I tried the settings shown in screenshot 1 but that didn't work off course. We have a fairly huge amount of documents, and they're all stored in a hierarchy that goes to 3 levels deep. It would be nice to provide our users with the possibility to filter the search results by folder. Hopefully someone can help me with this issue...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Can I add a "folder" search filter

Jump to solution

How about something like what this addon does?

Alfresco Share Folder Search 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

In principle, facets are properties, not types. So directly, I think it is not possible to filter by content types in faceted search. You can add TYPE:"cm:folder" in your search field.

But you may create a content behaviour or content rule, that depending on the base type, it applies a simple custom aspect with a property with "Folder|Document" values. This can be extended to other types. And then, you are able to apply the filter by the defined custom property value.

Regards.

--C. 

benv

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried adding TYPE="cm:folder" to the search field but it gave 0 results. Maybe I haven't done it correctly. I've added a screenshot so you can see how I understand it.

The other explanation about "content behaviour" and "custom aspects" and so on is new to me so I have to figure out what it all means. I already read a lot of documentation, but when I start at the beginning it kinda feels like I'm looking at stuff I don't really need and that it will take me ages before I actually find what I'm looking for. So please, do you now a good place to start? Like a page or a book that more or less explains what I have to do...

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi Ben:

Regarding TYPE:"cm:folder" search, try only with TYPE:"cm:folder" (be sure that you see all your folders...) and then add the name of the folder (like in fact, you did). If nothing happens, maybe you have a problem with the indices. Some documentation about syntax query:

http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/07/09/alfresco-lucene-tutorial/ 

Alfresco Full Text Search Reference | Alfresco Documentation 

You may also use the advanced Search (but this is not faceted).

On the other hand, I let you some documentation about content rules and aspects:

Applying rules to folders | Alfresco Documentation 

Working With Custom Content Types in Alfresco | ECMArchitect | Alfresco Developer Tutorials 

This may help you to start with Alfresco.

Regards.

--C.

benv

Jump to solution

Thanks again Cesar!

The search with TYPE="cm:folder" works now, but it's not the result I'm looking for I'm afraid. I don't want to look for a folder, I want to look for a document and I want to be able to filter the results based on the locations they are found in. Please have a look at the image below:

On the left side you can see an extra filter "Folder". I added it with Paint. There are two locations listed where documents starting with "870121" are found. When I click one of them, only those documents found in that location are shown. That's the functionality I'm looking for. Hopefully there's a way to achieve this.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

On one hand, it is possible to search with PATH:"" syntax in the query but this is not very useful. There is no path filter in faceted search.

But relating to your last screenshot, you may tag your documents with the year (2012, 2011...) and the quarter (Q1,Q3...) and then, you will be able to search 870121* and apply a filter by tag in faceted search IF YOU ADD "Tags" as facet in Alfresco Search Manager.

Regards.

--C.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

How about something like what this addon does?

Alfresco Share Folder Search 

benv

Jump to solution

Ok thanks everybody for the help! I've forwarded your ideas to my superiour.

Is it possible to tag documents with retrospective effect? There are about 500.000 untagged documents in the database at the moment...

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Yes, you can do so by using javascript for example.

Check this out Tagging API | Alfresco Documentation 

benv

Jump to solution

For now, we installed the "Alfresco Share Folder Search" addon. In the future we are also going to implement the Tags. Thanks to everybody for the quick and usefull help!!