Custom Datalist with Alvex Datagrid

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmaorence

Custom Datalist with Alvex Datagrid

Hello, has anyone tried using custom datalist using Alvex datagrid? I'm having troubles making my custom datalist work, I tried making my own custom datalist without using alvex and its working but when I add alvex jars, my data items are gone and shows nothing, the "Configure Page" button is showing but the the pop-up is empty. Cheers!

12 Replies
vhelmut
Active Member II

Re: Custom Datalist with Alvex Datagrid

Lawrence Albor, say please what version of Alfresco an Alvex are you using?

Can you attach your datalist model?

lmaorence

Hello, thank you for your response. I am using Alfresco Community v5.1.0 with Alfresco Share v5.1.e and I tried using the latest version of Alvex utils, masterdata, and datagrid. But I discovered that the latest version of datagrid is not working for me so I downloaded an older version of datagrid.jar here nexus.itdhq.com that was built on Jan. 7, 2017 and now the filter is working. The problem now is when I edit a datalist item, it redirects to another page (instead of a pop-up) and Save button is not working. I tried older and latter versions but has the same issue. Any ideas?

I'm using this datalist model, this is the one that was working when I used the above mentioned:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<model name="dl:dlDatalist" xmlns="http://www.alfresco.org/model/dictionary/1.0">
    <description>Alfresco: PIMS Datalist</description>
    <author>Lawrence Albor</author>
    <version>1.0</version>

<imports>
        <import uri="http://www.alfresco.org/model/dictionary/1.0" prefix="d"/>
        <import uri="http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0" prefix="cm"/>
        <import uri="http://www.alfresco.org/model/datalist/1.0" prefix="dl"/>
    </imports>

<namespaces>
        <namespace uri="ap.apPims_v2.com" prefix="ap"/>
    </namespaces>

<types>
        <type name="ap:apPims">
            <title>Alfresco: PIMS</title>
            <description>P.O. and Invoice Management System</description>
            <parent>dl:dataListItem</parent>
            <properties>
                <property name="ap:apPONum">
                    <title>PO Number</title>
                    <type>d:text</type>
                    <mandatory>true</mandatory>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                </property>
                <property name="ap:apInvNum">
                    <title>Invoice Number</title>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                </property>
                <property name="ap:apSupplier">
                       <title>Supplier Name</title>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                </property>
                <property name="ap:apDDR">
                    <title>DDR Number</title>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                </property>
                <property name="ap:apStatus">
                               <title>Status</title>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                        </property>
                <property name="ap:apPay">
                    <title>Payment Terms</title>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                </property>
                <property name="ap:apCreDate">
                    <title>Date Created</title>
                    <type>d:date</type>
                    <protected>false</protected>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                            </property>
                <property name="ap:apModDate">
                    <title>Date Modified</title>
                    <type>d:date</type>
                    <protected>true</protected>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                            </property>
                <property name="ap:apComments">
                                <title>Comments</title>
                    <mandatory>false</mandatory>
                    <index enabled="true" />
                            </property>
            </properties>

<associations>
                <association name="ap:apAttachments">
                    <title>Attachements</title>
                    <source>
                        <many>true</many>
                    </source>
                    <target>
                        <class>cm:content</class>
                        <many>true</many>
                    </target>
                </association>
            </associations>
        </type>
    </types>      
</model>

I tried following this tutorial https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google....  but it gives me this error org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'alvex-documents-registers-deployer' is defined . I already tried using the latest and old version of datalist in this tutorial but still has the same issue.

vhelmut
Active Member II

Say please, have you installed alvex-utils component? Alvex datagrid depends on this component. It may be an answer to this error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'alvex-documents-registers-deployer' is defined

I use the older version of Alvex: Community v2015.08 (dev) and I found bean 'alvex-documents-registers-deployer' in alvex-extension-registry-context.xml 

In actual version of alvex I found only one link to this document in utils module

The problem now is when I edit a datalist item, it redirects to another page (instead of a pop-up)

I tried this on my older Alvex -- it looks the same, edit-mode opens in new window

and Save button is not working

Button is not active or just nothing happens when you click on it? Do you use folder rules in your datagrid space? I try to solve problem with similar behavior in my project

Your model looks like valid, but why you use dl prefix to your model?

<model name="dl:dlDatalist" xmlns="http://www.alfresco.org/model/dictionary/1.0">

It must be "ap" as your namespace prefix, I think  

lmaorence

Victoria Helmut wrote:

Say please, have you installed alvex-utils component? Alvex datagrid depends on this component. It may be an answer to this error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'alvex-documents-registers-deployer' is defined

I use the older version of Alvex: Community v2015.08 (dev) and I found bean 'alvex-documents-registers-deployer' in alvex-extension-registry-context.xml 

In actual version of alvex I found only one link to this document in utils module

Yes, I have installed alvex-utils but still have the same issue.

The problem now is when I edit a datalist item, it redirects to another page (instead of a pop-up)

I tried this on my older Alvex -- it looks the same, edit-mode opens in new window

Oh I see, one of my requirements is not to refresh the page if a user edits a datalist item, I guess I also have to deal with that.

and Save button is not working

Button is not active or just nothing happens when you click on it? Do you use folder rules in your datagrid space? I try to solve problem with similar behavior in my project

When I hit Save, it displays Failure, Could not update details.

Your model looks like valid, but why you use dl prefix to your model?

It must be "ap" as your namespace prefix, I think  

Oops, my bad there. Thank you for pointing it out. I changed it to ap:dlDatalist but still the same issue.

Currently, I am also trying using FME Datalist filter, have you also tried using this and on Alfresco v5.1?

vhelmut
Active Member II

Unfortunately, version Alfresco is used in my company is too old: Alfresco: Community v4.2.0 Smiley Sad

Thank you for link to  FME Datalist , I haven't use this extension, but I'll take a look for it

I think this problem is on the Alvex's side: 3 hours ago somebody created task with same problem

About problem with edit on older version of alvex: can you attach log? In my case problem with number-commit.post.json.ftl when the document instance is saved. I'd like to see your log to understand if we have similar errors) 

lmaorence

Unfortunately, version Alfresco is used in my company is too old: Alfresco: Community v4.2.0

Thank you for link to  FME Datalist , I haven't use this extension, but I'll take a look for it

Oh, I see. I managed to make FME work for my project but with few bugs, but it works. Let me know if you have some questions about it. Smiley Happy

I think this problem is on the Alvex's side: 3 hours ago somebody created task with same problem

About problem with edit on older version of alvex: can you attach log? In my case problem with number-commit.post.json.ftl when the document instance is saved. I'd like to see your log to understand if we have similar errors) 

Yeah, I guess so, or maybe the latest version is not yet optimized for my Alfresco version as of the moment. About the editing, I discovered that the one causing it is the masterdata.jar so I removed it and the edit now works but still in a new page, I want it on just a modal/pop-up though.

Are you working with lots of dataitems? Are the filtered item results consistent/complete?

Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. Cheers!

vhelmut
Active Member II

Let me know if you have some questions about it.

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

but still in a new page, I want it on just a modal/pop-up though

Look at this file i found in alvex repository: Config for using popup dialogs for view and edit forms

I don't test it, but it may be thing that you looking for

Are you working with lots of dataitems? Are the filtered item results consistent/complete?

I'm a developer, not an end user exactly, but I take a look now filter works correct (max quantity instances in one datagrid: 75). I did not hear any complaints about datagrid from users

There are some bugs in custom workflow instrumental in version that used in my company, but datagrids work fine  

I would be pleased to answer any questions)

lmaorence

Look at this file i found in alvex repository: Config for using popup dialogs for view and edit forms

I don't test it, but it may be thing that you looking for

Yep, this is the one. thank you so much Smiley Happy
vhelmut
Active Member II

I'm very glad that I could help you! Smiley Happy

Good luck!)