Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tig01
Member II

Encrypted PDF file causes endless loop in transform-core-aio

Jump to solution

Hello to everybody,

this will be my final and last try to get ACS working for me and our company. Honestly, I spent until now about 80 hours to get my issue solved. I queried every thinkable source on the internet to find an advice or idea, I (re-)installed ACS several times in different flavours (ZIP-distribution, Ansible Script, Docker Containers), I have even tried to build and deploy docker containers from source, but always I end with the same issue. From my perspective more or less all works perfect, expect one disgusting thing: If I upload an encrypted, password protected PDF file to the ACS installation, only few minutes later the transform service enters an endless loop an tries to convert/transform that file - of course without success because it is encrypted. The thousends of error messages in the logs cleary show what's wrong:

ERROR 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-1] o.a.transform.base.TransformController : Unable to process: document is encrypted

I just want, that such kind of files would be tried to be transformed only once (or few times for my sake) and not any more. The main issue is, after the transform service has entered the endless loop, no more transformation of other files takes place at all - and of course the transform process wastes then completly unnecessary CPU power on the server.

As stated before, all my effort to find a solution did not help. I am a bit amazed that this problem occurs at all. And why it seems to be the fact, that nobody else have this problem? Did I something very fundamentel wrong?

I would be very happy, if I can get any help with this forum.

Finally some informations you may need to help me:
All attemps where made with the community edition, the most recent version of all compoments. Here the condensed output of docker ps:

alfresco/alfresco-acs-nginx:3.4.2
alfresco/alfresco-content-app:4.3.0
alfresco/alfresco-search-services:2.0.9
alfresco/alfresco-activemq:5.18-jre17-rockylinux8
postgres:14.4
quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-control-center:8.3.0
alfresco/alfresco-transform-core-aio:5.0.1
alfresco/alfresco-content-repository-community:23.1.0
alfresco/alfresco-share:23.1.1

Many thanks in advance for any tip, advise or solution. I would apreciate to introduce ACS to my company, but without solving this issues, this just won't work out

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany,

Arno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Encrypted PDF file causes endless loop in transform-core-aio

Jump to solution

This is an issue with Search Services 2.0.9

https://alfresco.atlassian.net/browse/MNT-24216

We're working to release a hotfix.

My recommendation is to downgrade to 2.0.8.x. It should be a transparent downgrading.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

This is an issue with Search Services 2.0.9

https://alfresco.atlassian.net/browse/MNT-24216

We're working to release a hotfix.

My recommendation is to downgrade to 2.0.8.x. It should be a transparent downgrading.

tig01
Member II

Jump to solution

Million Thanks for this simple, but working solution. Problem gone with downgrade to 2.0.8. I was thinking all the time that the transform core caused the problem, and I tried a downgrade of that service already, but didn't help.

Again, many many thanks!!! And best regards, Arno

piassale_cindy
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does version 2.0.9.1 or 2.0.10 solve this issue ?

Best regards

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Yes