cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fril
Member II

Mutiple instances of ACS (6.0) in local docker

Hi All,

I have installed docker CE in my local and used docker compose file in acs-community-deployment to start ACS solution and its running in my local. But my question, how do i run multiple instances of ACS (6.0) in docker ? Can you please help me to do it. 

Links Refered:

GitHub - Alfresco/acs-community-deployment 

https://community.alfresco.com/community/ecm/blog/2018/04/17/deploying-and-running-alfresco-content-... 

11 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Mutiple instances of ACS (6.0) in local docker

Why do you want to run multiple instances?

Hyland Developer Evangelist
fril
Member II

I want to run the same ACS with different ports configured, there is need for the customer to do so.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

ACS Community does not support clustering. ACS Enterprise supports clustering using Kubernetes + Helm. If you want to configure a cluster, then you have to adopt ACS Enterprise.

If you want to run the same ACS Community with different ports, include an Apache HTTPd / NGINX in front and configure as many proxies as required over the same "localhost:8080" ACS Community repository.

fril
Member II

Thanks Angel Borroy, I will try with ACS Enterprise 

fril
Member II

Hi Angel Borroy,

Thanks for your valuable answer. One question is that, if i install ACS Enterprise version, can i configure multiple ACS instance (running with different ports) accessing one instance of postgres & solr6 in docker itself. 

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Yes, but you have to use Kubernetes instead of Docker Compose.

fril
Member II

I am getting Unauthorised error while accessing the link. Could you share me the content inside the link.

Also while running them in container separately, we use the following command to run share in 8081 port

$ docker run --network alf-net --name alf-share -p 8081:8080 -e REPO_HOST=alf-repo -eREPO_PORT=8080 -d alfresco/alfresco-share:6.0.a

Can i run the same command with another port (say 9000), so it uses the same container running another instances with different port. Correct me if am wrong?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Equivalent instructions available at: GitHub - Alfresco/acs-deployment 

You can create new containers for Share by using a different port but I don't see the point on that.

fril
Member II

Angel am getting unauthorised error while accessing the document.