Once upgraded from Alfresco 5.0 to Alfresco 5.2g, new uploaded content (PDF) can't be list

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dba100
Active Member II

Once upgraded from Alfresco 5.0 to Alfresco 5.2g, new uploaded content (PDF) can't be list

hi,

We have a test upgrade project and we have a trial to upgrade Alfresco 5.0 to 5.2 by:

1) copying content store folders to new VM and modify the path accordingly in the properties files of alfresco 5.2

2) copying solr 4 folder to new VM and modify the path accordingly in the properties files of alfresco 5.2

3) setup office PostgreSQL 11.14 on the same OLD alfresco 5.0 box and use pg_dumpall to backup everything from old postgreSQL , 9,3.6 and restore to 11.14.

AFTER that we can see that Alfresco 5.2 can be up and can list the SAME content, but when we test the new alfresco by upload NEW content (pdf), we found that new uploaded content can't be shown !

Anything missed? what is the possibility for that and how to fix this?

3 Replies
PeterSantis
Member II

Re: Once upgraded from Alfresco 5.0 to Alfresco 5.2g, new uploaded content (PDF) can't be list

You must reindex the  context, that is, reindex solr, i don't remember the version of alfresco 5.2, use solr4, a greting

Peter

dba100
Active Member II

Re: Once upgraded from Alfresco 5.0 to Alfresco 5.2g, new uploaded content (PDF) can't be list

hi,

tks.

"You must reindex the  context, that is, reindex solr, i don't remember the version of alfresco 5.2, use solr4, a greting"

yeah. 5.2 still use solr 4 and 7 use solr 6.

so the steps are:

1) move content store to new server and change properties files entries for it.

2) move solr to new server and change properties files entries for it.

3) backup and restore data from old postgreSQL to new postgresQL and and change properties files entries for it.

4)  reindex solr 

?

May I know how to reindex solr ?

dba100
Active Member II

hi sir, any update ?