how to integrate spring microservices with alfresco BPM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_w

how to integrate spring microservices with alfresco BPM

I have microservice project using spring boot, spring cloud and rest. I want to integrate with this my alfresco BPM app. how can I do that ? Can anyone provide step by step process or any link so that I can go through it.

6 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: how to integrate spring microservices with alfresco BPM

This is a very general question and there are far too many variables to offer any sort of suggestions.

What is environment? What message bus? Any data cache? How will BPM be driven (messages, servlets etc), what sort of DB?

I dont believe this really isnt the sort of question that can be answered of a forum like this.

Greg

amruta_w

Dear Greg,

Thank you for the reply. I am providing some more information regarding my question.

I am presently evaluating Alfresco process service with on month trail. I just wanted to check if there is a help available for commercial evaluation purpose.

• Alfresco process service provides separate war, since it run as war  file we  can't see the source and check out what it is providing.
  • Is there any example application in java, specifically on spring that can be embed or call alfresco process service.
  • Since we are in the beginning stage of design an application so the technology stack we choose spring micro service with angular js UI, we are  using mysql as database and for authentication & authorization we are using oauth2.0.
  • How to integrate oauth2.0 server users to alfresco BPM service users(Like for example I have my application users, when I click on the BPM Alfresco service it should not ask again to login, it should skip the login step).

I hope the above information enough for getting my answer or if you need more info reply me I will provide here.

If I get cleared with the above questions so that I can go for commercial package of Alfresco process service(BPM). 

Thanks & Regards

Amruta Wandakar

gdharley
Intermediate

>> Is there any example application in java, specifically on spring that can be embed or call alfresco process service.

Alfresco does provide what they term embedded examples on their download page:

https://myalfresco.force.com/support/articles/en_US/Release_Notes/Alfresco-Process-Services-1-6-1?po... 

These provide a build for creating your own maven build which you can customize as you need.

You will also be provided with credentials to the Alfresco nexus repository (necessary to build the examples) which also includes the source code (not open source).

>> Since we are in the beginning stage of design an application so the technology stack we choose spring micro service with angular js UI, we are  using mysql as database and for authentication & authorization we are using oauth2.0.

The out of box designer, tasklist is an AnguarJS application, however it is tightly coupled with the enterprise REST API. There is no easy way to separate the Designer/Tasklist/Analytics UI from the enterprise REST API.

If you want to create a custom UI, you may want to look into the Alfresco Devopment Framework (which is included with the Process Services license). This is an Angular2 framework that interacts directly with the Process Services Enterprise REST API and can be deployed independently.

>> How to integrate oauth2.0 server users to alfresco BPM service users(Like for example I have my application users, when I click on the BPM Alfresco service it should not ask again to login, it should skip the login step).

There are hooks for your own Spring Security provider available.

If you need any assistance with this project, my company BP3 offers a full suite of consulting and implementation services for Activiti.

Hope this helps,
Greg

amruta_w

Dear Greg,

I am unable to login which you have provided link. Is only enterprise partner can only login or any free sign up is there? If that is the case kindly let me know.

Thanks

Amruta Wandakar

gdharley
Intermediate

Hello Amruta,

I cannot answer your question on access, I do not wok for Alfresco.

You should contact alfresco to determine access requirements to the support site.

Greg

cjose
Senior Member II

Hello Amruta,

As Greg mentioned, please reach out to Alfresco either using the contact information provided in the initial trial email or your Alfresco representative (if you already are working with one) and they will be able to help you with your trial requirements.

Cheers,

Ciju