cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cttw
Member II

no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL table

Hi, 

I am using Activiti 5.21 in my spring boot application and want to check the history of the process variables that are updated in the journey at any point. The histories are maintained in ACT_HI_DETAIL table of activiti but in my case, there are no entries at all in this table. The remaining tables have entries as expected. 

I also referred to the activiti user guide where it says the historyLevel should be configured as full for the highest level of history archiving.

In my project, I have set the history level(spring.activiti.historyLevel= full) in application.properties file but still there are no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL even after the completion of a journey.

The User Guide also shows two different ways to set the history level.

1.) can be configured programmatically with this code:

ProcessEngine processEngine = ProcessEngineConfiguration  .createProcessEngineConfigurationFromResourceDefault()  .setHistory(HistoryLevel.AUDIT.getKey())  .buildProcessEngine();

but where do I put this code in my project?

2.) can be configured in activiti.cfg.xml or in a spring-context:

1 2 3 4
<bean id="processEngineConfiguration" class="org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.StandaloneInMemProcessEngineConfiguration">  <property name="history" value="audit" />  ...</bean>

but I couldn't find  activiti.cfg.xml in my project.

How do I get the variables to be stored in ACT_HI_DETAIL  table? need help
Thanks 

5 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL table

All you have to do is to set  spring.activiti.historyLevel=full in your application.properties. I can see that it was added just before the release of Version 5.21 - Add history level and schema options properties for Spring Boot auto … · Activiti/Activiti@769b337 ·... 

I tested it against 5.22.0 and is working for me!

Ciju

cttw
Member II

Hi Ciju,

Thanks for the reply.
I have already set spring.activiti.historyLevel=full  in application.properties file but still there are no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL.I have set up three different environment(staging,uat and local)s for testing purpose and it's working fine in two environments(local and staging) and not in the third.I have matched the application.properties files of all the three and they all are exactly the same.So do you know if the historyLevel configuration depends on the environment?Please help.

Thanks.

cjose
Senior Member II

hmm, no idea. No, it is not/should not be dependent on any environment! Do you have any logic in your application specific to each env? Is it possible to reproduce this issue through a simple spring boot project which you can attach here or add to a github project?

Ciju

cttw
Member II

Hi Ciju,

We noticed that there is a slight difference in the Java versions(1.8.0_101-b13  and 1.8.0_111-b14). Can this be because of different java versions?

cjose
Senior Member II

That should not be the case...Btw, my environment was 1.8.0_121-b13 and it was all good.