cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksgphellow

Trouble deploying activiti-app (activiti 6) on Tomcat

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've been trying to deploy activiti-app and activiti-rest on my Tomcat for a few days now and have been having trouble.

The deployment of activiti-rest seems to go smoothly but the deployment of activiti-app always ends with this error log:  https://pastebin.com/F5F58GJn 

I tried using the unmodified activiti-app.war which uses H2 and have also modified it to use my PostreSQL DB.

My activiti-app.properties inside the modified .war file looks like this: https://pastebin.com/btBJdEtq

I can connect to that DB using Activiti in my Java Environment and cannot fathom why activiti-app isnt taking it.

I would be grateful for help

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Trouble deploying activiti-app (activiti 6) on Tomcat

Jump to solution

Ah ok, I don't think Activiti 6 is Java 9 ready! For your particular error, looks like it is related to Java 9. See another thread jaxb - How to resolve java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException in Java 9 - Stack...  with similar error

View solution in original post

13 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Looking at the error log, it is complaining about "Address already in use". This happens when the ports that you are using for tomcat is already in use by another application. It is also possible that the previous shutdown of the tomcat was not successful and hence ports were not released!

Ciju

ksgphellow

Jump to solution

I'll check that. 

But for clarification: Tomcat is starting and running just fine.   

The Error occurs when trying to deploy the .war file.

Edit: 

Seems not to be the Problem. 

Here are a few Screenshots for more clarification:

Error Message in Tomcat UI and Ports in Terminal before and after starting Tomcat

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Then there must be some other error. The error log you posted up here doesn't show any other stack-trace! Clear your logs and do a fresh restart to see if it posts something useful in the logs

ksgphellow

Jump to solution

Deleted all logs and restarted Tomcat, here are the logs:

catalina.log and localhost.log .

No Idea what to make of that...

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

the localhost.log has some meaningful errors such as Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException. 

Is this a vanilla install of these apps or do you have any customizations applied on top of it? If it is a vanilla install, what the java and tomcat version, I'll try replicating this issue at my free time.

Ciju

ksgphellow

Jump to solution

The only thing I modified was in the properties, what db to use.

Tomcat is version 9.0.1 and Java is v9

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Ah ok, I don't think Activiti 6 is Java 9 ready! For your particular error, looks like it is related to Java 9. See another thread jaxb - How to resolve java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException in Java 9 - Stack...  with similar error

ksgphellow

Jump to solution

Ok thanks, I'll look into that.

Edit: Chaning my JDK to Java 8, did it. 

All Activiti .war Files are now deploying and running.

Thanks alot for the help =)

ksgphellow

Jump to solution

I've got another Question.

Is it possible to use the same process Engine in my Java Environment aswell as in the activiti-app and activiti-rest ?

They all got the same configuration but cant seem to interact.