Alfresco Business Reporting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfresco
Alfresco Employee

Alfresco Business Reporting

Business Reporting should be handled by the Business. Therefore reporting should use an existing tool and plain and simple SQL. Currently, reporting in Alfresco is not that easy, and many alternatives are tech-driven. This project allows the business to use their reporting suite of choice against 'plain tables' containing your Alfresco business objects. As a 'proof', Pentaho Reporting and JasperSoft (iReport) reports are supported to generate reports, on a regular automated manner (if you like). But feel free to use any BusinessObjects, Cognos, Clickview.

This project is build on 2 parts.

1. Generate a reporting database based on business entities like Document, Case, Folder, Site etc. Each of these entities should contain all possible attribute values (even with Alfresco's Aspect feature providing flexible, runtime extensions) This reporting database can be filled from scratch, or incrementally since last update. Any Lucene query can define the content of the tables. (Think Aspects, Types, property values.)

2. Given a reporting database, report execution can be scheduled (thing hourly, daily, weekly, monthly). The result can be a pdf or xls files that will be stored in the Alfresco repository. Reports can have the scope of a Site only (or a user, or another container-like concept), executed against that site, and stored within that site. Currently Pentaho reporting is the supported reporting engine.

Ownertpeelen _
Versions

Community 3.3.x

Community 3.4.x

Community 4.0.x

Community 4.2.x

Enterprise 3.3.x

Enterprise 3.4.x

Enterprise 4.0.x

Enterprise 4.1.x

License TypeGNU General Public License (GPL)
Project PageGitHub - Alfresco-Business-Reporting/alfresco-business-reporting: Business Reporting should be handl... 
Download PageReleases · Alfresco-Business-Reporting/alfresco-business-reporting · GitHub 
TagsReporting, ABR, Pentaho, Business, Repository, Statistics, Jasper, Business Intelligence, Report, Audit
Component TypeAction, Content Model, Document Library, External Utility, Integration
Extension PointsBehavior, Content Model, Javascript Root Scope Object, Scheduled Job, Share Form, Explorer UI (Obsolete)
InstallationAMP, JAR
ProductsRepository, Share Web Client, Explorer Web Client (Obsolete)
1 Reply
s_kolosov
Member II

Re: Alfresco Business Reporting

Hello,

From the add-on description above I got that the highest supported Alfresco Community version is 4.2.x.

I'd like to run the add-on with Alfresco Community 5.2 so I wonder if this add-on works correctly with Alfresco Community 5.2 or if I have to use some other alternative add-on for this Alfresco version.

Best regards,

Sergey Kolosov