cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smgeeper
Member II

Alfresco search result

Hello Dear All!

We have implemented Alfresco 5.2 (Community).

We have some document structure (about 1000 docs) and part of these documents marked with tags 'draft' and some os them with 'approved'.

When we use the search engine we receive a perfect result, but without indication of tags or category.

So, my question is: how to show the tags or category in a search result?

Maybe you can suggest me how to mark files without tags and it can be show in search result?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Alfresco search result

Have you tried creating an aspect in your content model called "statusable" or something like that, which would contain a property called "status". You might even constrain that property with a list constraint with the values of "Draft" and "Approved".

Now you can search for docs with that property like sc:status:Approved or sc:statusSmiley Very Happyraft.

Going further, you should be able to use the Search Manager to add a new filter for this property so that when you do a faceted search you can see "Status" as a facet, allowing you to narrow down the documents to those that are draft or approved.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Alfresco search result

Hello.

If I understood your question well, what you want is to present the tags (or a custom field as Jeff Potts‌ suggested) in the result list when you execute a search.

If that is what you need, then you should read the following blog post Customizing The Search Results Widget – Alfresco 5.0.D  - Contezza 

I am not sure now, but I think for the latest versions of Alfresco there is no need to customize the search.get.json.ftl to include your custom folder, because, if I am not wrong, all the properties for the node being returned are now available to you to use.

Let me know if you need more info on the topic.