cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcuser
Customer

cmobject metadata templates

Hi all,

I'm trying to display a custom type matadata template. This type extends cm:cmobject, like this:

<type name="tc:box">
	<title>Box</title>
	<parent>cm:cmobject</parent>
	<properties>
		<property name="tc:boxName">
			<type>d:int</type>
		</property>				
	</properties>
</type>

Following the official Alfresco documentation, I've declared the evaluators:

<bean id="tc.evaluator.isBox" parent="evaluator.doclib.action.nodeType">
	<property name="types">
		<list>
			<value>tc:box</value>
		</list>
	</property>
</bean>

And the metadata template:

<template id="tcBoxMetadataTemplate">
	<evaluator>tc.evaluator.isBox</evaluator>
	<line index="10" id="description" view="detailed">I AM A BOX</line>
</template>	

Everything in the same way I do with folders or content. I'm able to change the metadata displayed in custon types that extends cm:folder or cm:content, but not in this particular case. In fact it doesn't show any information at all, not even a default icon, like the folder was empty.

Is there any limitation on adding new metadata templates or do I have to declare this custom type somewhere, maybe?

Thank you in advanced! Regards.

5 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: cmobject metadata templates

If you want to use Alfresco Share standard Document Library you need to inherit your custom type from cm:folder or cm:content base type. Alternatively, you can modify this component to show nodes inheriting from cm:cmobject base type.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
roycepugh
Member II

OK that answers it, thank you.

tcuser
Customer

Hi Ángel,

Thank you for your response. What's the component I need to modify in order to show cmobject properties?

tcuser
Customer

Ok, I *think* I finally detect where to add my custom type in order to display those nodes.

It seems to me that the file filters.lib.js (inside the alfresco-share-services.amp --> alfresco-share-services-11.140/alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/slingshot/documentlibrary) declares the type of nodes that are displayed in the Share explorer:

TYPE_MAP:
   {
      "documents": '+(TYPE:"content" OR TYPE:"app:filelink" OR TYPE:"folder")',
      "folders": '+(TYPE:"folder" OR TYPE:"app:folderlink")',
      "images": '+@cm\\:content.mimetype:image/*'
   }

I copied this file into my eclipse project in src > main >  resources > alfresco > extension > templates > webscripts > org > alfresco > slingshot > documentlibrary and changed it like this:

TYPE_MAP:
   {
      "documents": '+(TYPE:"content" OR TYPE:"app:filelink" OR TYPE:"folder")',
      "folders": '+(TYPE:"folder" OR TYPE:"tc:box" OR TYPE:"app:folderlink")',
      "images": '+@cm\\:content.mimetype:image/*'
   },

But nothing happens... Alfresco does not display tc:box objects.

I don't know if I'm not overriding this component correctly or this isn't the solution at all.

Can anyone help me with this one? Thank you!

tcuser
Customer

Ok, it seems it's not enough to overwrite the documentlibrary webscript, since finally it calls the FileFolderService, where the type of nodes the webscript returns are declared:

/** Shallow search for files and folders with a name pattern */
    private static final String XPATH_QUERY_SHALLOW_ALL = "./*" + "[like(@cm:name, $cm:name, false)" + " and not (subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_SYSTEM_FOLDER + "'))" + " and (subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_FOLDER + "') or subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_CONTENT + "')" + " or subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_LINK + "'))]";

/** Deep search for files and folders with a name pattern */
    private static final String XPATH_QUERY_DEEP_ALL = ".//*" + "[like(@cm:name, $cm:name, false)" + " and not (subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_SYSTEM_FOLDER + "'))" + " and (subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_FOLDER + "') or subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_CONTENT + "')" + " or subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_LINK + "'))]";

/** Deep search for folders with a name pattern */
    private static final String XPATH_QUERY_DEEP_FOLDERS = ".//*" + "[like(@cm:name, $cm:name, false)" + " and not (subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_SYSTEM_FOLDER + "'))" + " and (subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_FOLDER + "'))]";

/** Deep search for files with a name pattern */
    private static final String XPATH_QUERY_DEEP_FILES = ".//*" + "[like(@cm:name, $cm:name, false)" + " and not (subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_SYSTEM_FOLDER + "'))" + " and (subtypeOf('" + ContentModel.TYPE_CONTENT + "')" + " or subtypeOf('"
            + ContentModel.TYPE_LINK + "'))]";

Now... How can I override an Alfresco service implementation?

Thank you! Smiley Happy