Cut off is not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraryunnie

Cut off is not working

Hello,

Recently, I installed Records Management Community 2.6.
I created a rule on my repository that, when renaming documents with a certain name, the documents are declared as archival documents.
These archival documents are then transferred from "Unclassified Archival Records" to another file.
As I think everyone, the beginning of conservation does not happen automatically, it must be started manually.
But when I try, I have this message that appears "Unable to initiate storage start. Contact your CIO":

It still bores me a lot because it's me, the CIO, if I may say so...
After several tests, I can see that when I remove my rule from "Renaming -> Statement archive documents", I can manually trigger the start of retention.
I absolutely want to keep this rule of renaming in order to facilitate the work of future users ...

What can I do?

I put my logs as attachments.

Thank you in advance,

Margaux

1 Reply
tpage
Established Member II

Re: Cut off is not working

Hi Margaux,

I'm not sure exactly what's going wrong here. The log message suggests that the content is being declared as a record twice.  Maybe your rule declares the document as a record, and then tries to move it to a record folder?

I tried to reproduce your scenario and everything seemed to work ok for me. I had the following:

• Collaboration Site
    • Folder
      • Rule
        • When name starts with "q"
        • Set property cm:name to "renamed.txt"
        • Declare as record
  • RM site
    • Unfiled records
      • Rule
        • When record enters folder
        • File to record folder
        • Complete record
    • Category
      • Retention schedule
        • Cut off immediately
        • Destroy 1 day after cut off
        • Applies to records (not record folders)
      • Record folder

When I upload a new document starting with "q" to my collaboration site folder then it is renamed, declared as a record, filed to the record folder and completed. This enables me to press the "cut off record" button to start the retention process.

I hope this is helpful, if not then please feel free to message me with more details of your problem.

Thanks!

Tom.